Things That Are Wrong

Spoiler please!!

Haven’t watched this weeks cracking episode yet.

There is very little difference between the service Aer Lingus & Ryanair provide. The staff might make an attempt to be friendlier (they are actually more patronising for the most part) and you get to pre-book your seat but that’s it really.

You could fly to Catania with Aer Lingus and Ferry to Valletta if you wanted to

[quote=“Rocko, post: 760381, member: 1”]They are vastly different to Southwest and that’s the revolutionary part. Southwest pride themselves on customer service, Ryanair are the opposite. Aggressive pricing and a commitment to fly the same fleet is a common feature but to be fair to Ryanair they took that model and added an awful lot (or took a lot away) to get where they are.

I don’t think the flight times issue is correct. They fly at the same times as other airlines but their prices obviously reflect demand.[/quote]
Well yes but they took an already existing model and modified it. I don’t have an issue with the shitty service they provide until I have to use them-as I said, I will always go for the alternative if it’s there. Personally, I don’t understand why they have to act so cuntish with people when you have to interact with them but if people are happy to fly with them, well and good.

Re flight times yes they do fly at the same time as everyone else-my point was that only the shitty flight times are cheap in my experience. If you want to fly at normal times eg Friday afternoon to Sunday evening for a weekend break, then they are generally the same price more or less as Aer Lingus if they are competing on the same route-Aer Lingus might be a bit more expensive but I am happy to pay a little bit more to not be treated like shit.

[quote=“Fran, post: 760390, member: 110”]There is very little difference between the service Aer Lingus & Ryanair provide. The staff might make an attempt to be friendlier (they are actually more patronising for the most part) and you get to pre-book your seat but that’s it really.

You could fly to Catania with Aer Lingus and Ferry to Valletta if you wanted to[/quote]
Disagree mate-flew to Liverpool for a wedding recently with Aer Lingus with a carry on bag and suit bag-no problems. Ryanair would ask me to check one of them in which as I found out last night costs €50.

[quote=“Fran, post: 760390, member: 110”]There is very little difference between the service Aer Lingus & Ryanair provide. The staff might make an attempt to be friendlier (they are actually more patronising for the most part) and you get to pre-book your seat but that’s it really.

You could fly to Catania with Aer Lingus and Ferry to Valletta if you wanted to[/quote]
Just checked that option and the flights are cheaper and I had originally wanted to go to Sicily first but was talked out of it! :mad: Already booked now and when you add on the ferry it would have been dearer but I wouldn’t have wasted all morning on here arguing with ye cunts.

[/quote]

Agreed with that, Aer Lingus are pretty shit and their planes are fairly uncomfortable, especially those used for Trans Atlantic. I have found KLM the best in terms of both comfort and customer service

That’s not service though. They’re the conditions of your booking. Aer Lingus allow an additional bag as part of your booking, Ryanair don’t. It’s not like they’re trying to pull the wool over your eyes or anything

KLM - the worst air disaster of all time was KLM fuck up

As a general rule the Arab airlines are best followed by the big South East Asian ones

European airlines are woeful and are to be avoided if you had an option

Fair enough-Aer Lingus provide better conditions then. I still find the service they provide better but that’s subjective I suppose.

only a clown would suggest that Aer Lingus dont provide a better service- stick to your gut instinct

with Ryanair once things go wrong you are fucked - id travel with them to go to games but would never travel with them with my family

[quote=“FingalRaven, post: 760405, member: 80”]KLM - the worst air disaster of all time was KLM fuck up

As a general rule the Arab airlines are best followed by the big South East Asian ones

European airlines are woeful and are to be avoided if you had an option[/quote]

KLM left me stranded in Tanzania without my luggage for about 4 days. Cunts

Malaysian Airlines are the best I’ve traveled with yet

Who suggested that? Clown

Speaking of things that are wrong… who in the name of fuck has reason to fly to Kerry???:confused:

[quote=“FingalRaven, post: 760408, member: 80”]only a clown would suggest that Aer Lingus dont provide a better service- stick to your gut instinct

with Ryanair once things go wrong you are fucked - id travel with them to go to games but would never travel with them with my family[/quote]

Exactly mate… Lone travelling or off on a jolly with the boys, Ryanair is fine. Anything other than that you should fly with a proper airline and the security that comes with it.

its actually common sense and Im surprised that everyone doesnt follow that plan on here- i certainly didnt think the forums aviation expert had to step in and clarify things

4 pages of a premium thread on the Internet being taken up by a joker who can’t get it into his head that if an airline has to employ baggage handlers because of his extravagant luggage requirements then he should pay the cost and that the other passengers on the plane who don’t have to bring loads of clothes to cover all possible weather eventualities shouldn’t have to effectively pitch in and spread the cost around.

Ah yeah…

:smiley:

:confused: Shur didn’t it pass the day for us Fagan.

I do

Those fleeting images on the Rte sports website, when you click on to a particular sport. For soccer it’s what appears to be a fellow holding his mickey and for rugby it’s a big pile of arses.