Things That Are Wrong

Bobby Byrnes.

We train plenty of doctors here. Then they all emigrate and we import doctors from India and Pakistan. System seems mad. Agree that we don’t have enough consultants and that they are way overpaid.

One lady doc who works as a registrar (level below consultant) wants to stay in that role in the local hospital as she has kids, etc. However, as it is a “training post”, she has to give it up after 12 months in July. Then the hospital gets someone with way less experience until the following July. The lady doc can then apply for the following year again (i.e. she can fill the post every second year, but can’t be given it two years in a row).
Meanwhile, in her years off, as she has so much experience, the hospital is happy to hire her as a locum to fill in for the consultant when he is away on holidays. But there is no full time post for her.
Madness.

Depends in what they are doing. There are some brilliant initiatives I have read about in different parts of the world where Mum or Dad can go to the gym for an hour and the kids go into a gymnastics type play area where they just play with all these implements to help them maintain their natural motor skills. And they taught (or encouraged) to roll and tumble and squat and all other natural things that the modern world knocks out of us.

If a kid is fat though diet and education for the kid and their parent is first port of call. Playing sports while over weight can actually be detrimental to their confidence and indeed their joints.

Perths hospitals are jam packed with Irish Doctors. From brief conversations it seems it’s a complete doddle here to at home. They get treated like shit though.

being told to apologise to the company owner for the way I spoke to him. by his son, who is a director, who is younger than me and stone cold useless. Despite not actually saying or doing anything wrong. started talking to the boss and he hadnt a clue what I was on about. this fucking place. :mad:

Gman, this is isnt the first time you have been here seething about your workplace…

Why don’t you get out?

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 830792, member: 686”]Gman, this is isnt the first time you have been here seething about your workplace…

Why don’t you get out?[/quote]
Jeez a lot of lads seem to think it’s handy change jobs at the moment. I am currently doing donkey work I am ridiculously overqualified for. Hence my activity levels on TFK.

Get him in a quiet stairwell and slap the rat bastard.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 830783, member: 273”]Depends in what they are doing. There are some brilliant initiatives I have read about in different parts of the world where Mum or Dad can go to the gym for an hour and the kids go into a gymnastics type play area where they just play with all these implements to help them maintain their natural motor skills. And they taught (or encouraged) to roll and tumble and squat and all other natural things that the modern world knocks out of us.

If a kid is fat though diet and education for the kid and their parent is first port of call. Playing sports while over weight can actually be detrimental to their confidence and indeed their joints.[/quote]
Kids being dropped off at door of gym in SUVs. More abdication of patenting by paying an expert to fix it. If you are overweight as a kid it is parents fault. Easier to send kid to gym for 60 minutes than do the hard yards of not feeding him chicken nuggets and PS3

Tel; him that apoligising is not in your terms of reference… the cheek of the cunt…#neverbackdown #ever

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 830792, member: 686”]Gman, this is isnt the first time you have been here seething about your workplace…

Why don’t you get out?[/quote]

would love to PK, but as glas said, not as easy as that. Construction based industry has fuck all going for it right now. Been looking for ages now and still nothing coming up. Bar going off on my own, I have damn all choice right now. And its far too risky to give up a guaranteed wage to try it on my own.

Construction is fucked for a while alright. You as well to stay where you are though there is plenty of consultancy work coming through with all these receivership sales. Fire certs, BER Certs, Compliance Certs, etc…

[SIZE=3]* Call me PK again and i’ll send a nail bomb through your front window. [/SIZE]

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 830822, member: 686”]I guess other industries are not as bynat as IT.

Construction is fucked for a while alright. You as well to stay where you are though there is plenty of consultancy work coming through with all these receivership sales. Fire certs, BER Certs, Compliance Certs, etc…

[SIZE=3]* Call me PK again and i’ll send a nail bomb through your front window. [/SIZE][/quote]
BER Certs:rolleyes:. He’ll be a while paying the bills if he’s relying on income from doing fucking BER Certs, mate. They started handing them out with Corn Flakes tokens. I have a mate who is a sales rep and wouldn’t know rockwool from the hole in his arse who can do BER Certs.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 830822, member: 686”]I guess other industries are not as bynat as IT.

[SIZE=3]* Call me PK again and i’ll send a nail bomb through your front window. [/SIZE][/quote]

PK, you ve changed man.

PK did you ever end up working something out with that option of a job you had in tipp or wherever it was?

Interview next week pal.

That would be the domestic market. Commercial pays better and is sheltered from cowboys and monkeys as you need EI membership.

Its a more lucrative business than you might imagine if you get in with the right receivers!

Don’t do it PK-you will regret it, I promise you that. It’s a horrible drive from where you are to Tipp and no money will compensate for the 2 to 3 hours you will spend everyday driving that road.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 830822, member: 686”]Construction is fucked for a while alright. You as well to stay where you are though there is plenty of consultancy work coming through with all these receivership sales. Fire certs, BER Certs, Compliance Certs, etc…

Apologies PK, I was typing too fast and thinking ahead. you’ll have a job finding my house tho!

most of the cert work is fairly shit alright though. BER domestically in particular as you say. Health and safety is one area where there is a fucking tonne of money to be made though. Those fucking safe pass courses are the biggest pile of piss and cost a fortune. biggest problem though is it takes ages and lots of money to get all the certification adn the few out there who have the set up have it pretty tied up. was a good thing to tget into before the boom crashed.

Lunch today with the lads (who are all in their 30’s) and all it consisted of was a shit sandwich accompanied by a 30 minute chat about the new Grand Theft Auto game.