Things That Are Wrong

This young lad from Wexford who did a days work for me today uses “mate” all the fucking time. He is only here 3 months. I took a little notice about it today at work but was more bemused than anything, but now in arranging the next couple if days they text everything is fucking “mate”. He’s handy though, otherwise I’d tell him get fucked. It’s truly wrong and awful to listen to. I know I’ll be more aware of it tomorrow.

What to do?

It must be noted, it’s extremely hard to find anyone that’s anyway clued in that isn’t looking for 40 dollars an hour.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 842489, member: 273”]This young lad from Wexford who did a days work for me today uses “mate” all the fucking time. He is only here 3 months. I took a little notice about it today at work but was more bemused than anything, but now in arranging the next couple if days they text everything is fucking “mate”. He’s handy though, otherwise I’d tell him get fucked. It’s truly wrong and awful to listen to. I know I’ll be more aware of it tomorrow.

What to do?

It must be noted, it’s extremely hard to find anyone that’s anyway clued in that isn’t looking for 40 dollars an hour.[/quote]
Just say it straight out to him, mate. There’s nothing worse than be called mate by some cunt who barely knows you.

You are missing the point. It’s not that he is being “friendly”, have no problem with that, but he’s not being friendly as such. He’s mimicking Aussies.

Well then he’s got bigger problems than you or I will ever be able to help him with, mate. A shovel in the back of the head might be the best bet.

I’ll go with the softer (and weaker) option of telling him we have an issue with materials and will be held up for a few days. If you fun something else don’t be afraid to take it. And never call him again.

Why not go for the direct approach and tell him to knock it on the head. You could even do it in a good natured way. Often people don’t realise these habits are creeping into their speech.

+1. Please give the Wexican a break, @caoimhaoin.

I’m not your mate, pal.

I really only mention he’s a we ocean as to be fair he is only the 2nd person from there that has annoyed the shit out of me. All the others have been bang on.

I’ll give him more difficult work tomorrow. If he goes ok at it I’ll leave it off.

That making a joke of it doesn’t work me lads, I don’t have that skill, I’m too blunt. It would be ok if the other lad with us started slagging him, but he’s a fucking mute.

I’m not your buddy, guy! :smiley:

That happened me too.

give him a chance. give him the feedback.

I wasn’t serious about that balbec.

It’s just annoying. If he can do the work.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 842532, member: 273”]I really only mention he’s a we ocean as to be fair he is only the 2nd person from there that has annoyed the shit out of me. All the others have been bang on.

I’ll give him more difficult work tomorrow. If he goes ok at it I’ll leave it off.

That making a joke of it doesn’t work me lads, I don’t have that skill, I’m too blunt. It would be ok if the other lad with us started slagging him, but he’s a fucking mute.[/quote]

well fuck you too Kev! I thought we got on tremendously well.

:smiley: I was wondering would someone else cop it.

Actually the other guy was a lad who came over and became a cop. There are fewer more despicable people here than the cops, for an irish lad to come over and become one is just the last straw.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 842770, member: 273”]:smiley: I was wondering would someone else cop it.

Actually the other guy was a lad who came over and became a cop. There are fewer more despicable people here than the cops, for an irish lad to come over and become one is just the last straw.[/quote]

did the Aussie´s not try and recruit irish cops a few years ago but only about 2 of the Irish lads passed the necessary tests…:smiley:

I don’t know what the tests were but I’d say the irish lads were unable to dumb themselves down for it. The cops in WA are generally recognized as some of the most racist cops in the world. I have had a lot if interaction with present and ex cops thru football, dumb doesn’t do justification to a description.

It’s more likely that’s a story they pedaled, and it’s hard to explain to someone who hasn’t met them or lived here, but they are so insecure it’s quite likely they made that up.

There will be an underbelly series about these lads based around racism an corruption, have no doubt about it. Pretty believable strong links to the Naples mafia as well.

Being half way into work and realising that you forgot the key to the cabinet where you locked your laptop and sensitive client information away yesterday evening.

Having to get a taxi back to the gaff and into the client premises right in the middle of rush hour traffic costing 20 quid.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 842857, member: 24”]Being half way into work and realising that you forgot the key to the cabinet where you locked your laptop and sensitive client information away yesterday evening.

Having to get a taxi back to the gaff and into the client premises right in the middle of rush hour traffic costing 20 quid.[/quote]

stupid is what stupid does…

“Person eats muffin” How retarded is this?! :mad:

Rugby star Cian Healy enjoys muffin for sweet birthday treat

http://www.independent.ie/woman/celeb-news/rugby-star-cian-healy-enjoys-muffin-for-sweet-birthday-treat-29643602.html