Things That Are Wrong

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 850074, member: 2272”]It was never really about the music and was all about the swagger of Liam being/playing at being a rock n roll star. It led to a generation of weekend rock n roll stars in this country as well as the UK.

Captured the zeitgest of the times, growing economy, confidence that came from money, mainstreaming of class a drugs, the rock star persona, ego, arrogance and the inevitable decline.[/quote]

http://cdni.condenast.co.uk/1083x658/k_n/Noel-Gallagher-10-GQ-2sep13_pa_1926_1083x658.jpg

Do you like anything Peter?

That’s the Sopranos you’re thinking of.

had a company take nearly €2k off my credit card today. Would know of them, but never dealt with them. Rang them up and asked whats the story. No answer off office phone, so rang the mobile number. The boss hadnt a clue what was going on as he doesnt charge that amount for things. Said he’d look into it and get someone in the office to ring me back. I rang AIB, and told them what had happened. Yer man on the phone says, ah yeah, can see it here. they tried take money off your card another 9 times, ranging from €5k to the €2k. Says he’ll sort it and should ba all ok, and is sending out replacement visa cards.

whilst on the phone to him, the secretary of the company rings back and leaves a message. Said she’d refund the money, and that the credit card number she was given had one wrong number so that must be why my card was charged. I ring the boss back and told him thats a load of scutter, as they had tried take money 10 times off me, and how the fuck could a credit card have the same expiry date, same CCV number, and by pure chance the one incorrect digit just happened to make it the same as my card. He said it must be some online scam and he’d see and ring me back in the morning.

the more I thought about it, the more it stank, and I reckon yer one in his office got my number somehow and chanced her arm. Fuck that shit. More I thought about it then again the more I think I should report the cunts to the guards. fuck that. If someone stole €2k off you on the street you’d go straight to them, so why not now. Will see what the fuckers say in the morning, but really want to know where they got my card details. fuckers. banks, in fairness to them, are usually quick to sort this kind of shit out too so at least its not too bad that way.

[quote=“Gman, post: 850128, member: 112”]
More I thought about it then again the more I think I should report the cunts to the guards. fuck that.[/quote]

First port of call in the morning.

[quote=“Gman, post: 850128, member: 112”]had a company take nearly €2k off my credit card today. Would know of them, but never dealt with them. Rang them up and asked whats the story. No answer off office phone, so rang the mobile number. The boss hadnt a clue what was going on as he doesnt charge that amount for things. Said he’d look into it and get someone in the office to ring me back. I rang AIB, and told them what had happened. Yer man on the phone says, ah yeah, can see it here. they tried take money off your card another 9 times, ranging from €5k to the €2k. Says he’ll sort it and should ba all ok, and is sending out replacement visa cards.

whilst on the phone to him, the secretary of the company rings back and leaves a message. Said she’d refund the money, and that the credit card number she was given had one wrong number so that must be why my card was charged. I ring the boss back and told him thats a load of scutter, as they had tried take money 10 times off me, and how the fuck could a credit card have the same expiry date, same CCV number, and by pure chance the one incorrect digit just happened to make it the same as my card. He said it must be some online scam and he’d see and ring me back in the morning.

the more I thought about it, the more it stank, and I reckon yer one in his office got my number somehow and chanced her arm. Fuck that shit. More I thought about it then again the more I think I should report the cunts to the guards. fuck that. If someone stole €2k off you on the street you’d go straight to them, so why not now. Will see what the fuckers say in the morning, but really want to know where they got my card details. fuckers. banks, in fairness to them, are usually quick to sort this kind of shit out too so at least its not too bad that way.[/quote]
What sort of business are they in and are they located locally? Was card used online or over phone to company?

Could a friend or family member have tried to use card? Was card out of sight or used by you online recently?

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 850157, member: 2272”]What sort of business are they in and are they located locally? Was card used online or over phone to company?

Could a friend or family member have tried to use card? Was card out of sight or used by you online recently?[/quote]
Way too many questions, are you a Guard?

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 850157, member: 2272”]What sort of business are they in and are they located locally? Was card used online or over phone to company?

Could a friend or family member have tried to use card? Was card out of sight or used by you online recently?[/quote]

construction related. local, kind of, same county. never dealt with company. no one else has access to card. not out of site, not used online other than paypal

Nigerian lottery agent.

Someone is takin the piss and what the receptionist came up with sounds like serious bollocks. Report it to the guards.

I smell bacon.

If it is local then I reckon somebody physically accessed card from your wallet without your knowledge, took numbers down quickly and replaced it and then used it.

Fuck sake, I may fire that bitch of a secretary in the morning

It’s true. Sure you’d hardly mind bailing them out really, when you think about it.

not that local. no chance that happened either, I’m such a tight cunt my wallet is welded to me at all times with an alarm sensor on it.

more likely they could be double jobbing and copied it at a shop or restaurant when paying for something.

I was hit in January last year and again this July. I still cant work out how the card was compromised in either case other than paypal linked to ebay purchases…

yeah its happened before with dodgy online places where they try take a few quid first and then go for more or whatever but has always been nabbed in time by the bank. this was very much a different set up though, and they also managed to get a fucking crapload of money too. wouldnt have used paypal on any purchases that local in the last 6 months.

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 850074, member: 2272”]It was never really about the music and was all about the swagger of Liam being/playing at being a rock n roll star. It led to a generation of weekend rock n roll stars in this country as well as the UK.

Captured the zeitgest of the times, growing economy, confidence that came from money, mainstreaming of class a drugs, the rock star persona, ego, arrogance and the inevitable decline.[/quote]

The rock and roll lifestyle was epitomised much more by the likes of Jagger and Richards, who wrote some incredible songs, and still rock the place like they did in Glastonbury this year. And them almost in their 70s.

Or Jim Morrison, banging a 100 women a week, doing hard drugs, yet with some phenomenal songs.

I’ll admit, Liam had a swagger about him that was endearing. But he had nothing that could back it up. He was a fool but he was almost likeable for that. It’s Noel that pisses me off more - a nothing musician in the overall scheme of things, yet he seems to think that he is. No charisma or rock and roll vibe off him yet he thought he was shit cool.

Wibbling rivalry - Liam and Noel interview from early in career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWU2ZQjQI-s

Aboy the kid!

Oasis killed music.