Things That Are Wrong

There was a bit of a downpour in Pompey this evening. Surprisingly enough the match was abandoned.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXNSALUIQAA80lF.jpg

@Gman, call the cops.

[quote=“Gman, post: 850128, member: 112”]had a company take nearly €2k off my credit card today. Would know of them, but never dealt with them. Rang them up and asked whats the story. No answer off office phone, so rang the mobile number. The boss hadnt a clue what was going on as he doesnt charge that amount for things. Said he’d look into it and get someone in the office to ring me back. I rang AIB, and told them what had happened. Yer man on the phone says, ah yeah, can see it here. they tried take money off your card another 9 times, ranging from €5k to the €2k. Says he’ll sort it and should ba all ok, and is sending out replacement visa cards.

whilst on the phone to him, the secretary of the company rings back and leaves a message. Said she’d refund the money, and that the credit card number she was given had one wrong number so that must be why my card was charged. I ring the boss back and told him thats a load of scutter, as they had tried take money 10 times off me, and how the fuck could a credit card have the same expiry date, same CCV number, and by pure chance the one incorrect digit just happened to make it the same as my card. He said it must be some online scam and he’d see and ring me back in the morning.

the more I thought about it, the more it stank, and I reckon yer one in his office got my number somehow and chanced her arm. Fuck that shit. More I thought about it then again the more I think I should report the cunts to the guards. fuck that. If someone stole €2k off you on the street you’d go straight to them, so why not now. Will see what the fuckers say in the morning, but really want to know where they got my card details. fuckers. banks, in fairness to them, are usually quick to sort this kind of shit out too so at least its not too bad that way.[/quote]

I’d hold off and see what the boss says about what happened. It sounds dodgy at the moment but you never know. If you’re still not happy head to the pigs.

I take a copy of everyone’s card when they register here. I use subterfuge to avoid the inconvenience of everyone keying in their card details. I don’t tend to use them for extra curricular activities often though.

I take a copy of everyone’s card when they register here. I use subterfuge to avoid the inconvenience of everyone keying in their card details. I don’t tend to use them for extra curricular activities often though.

[quote=“Gman, post: 850128, member: 112”]had a company take nearly €2k off my credit card today. Would know of them, but never dealt with them. Rang them up and asked whats the story. No answer off office phone, so rang the mobile number. The boss hadnt a clue what was going on as he doesnt charge that amount for things. Said he’d look into it and get someone in the office to ring me back. I rang AIB, and told them what had happened. Yer man on the phone says, ah yeah, can see it here. they tried take money off your card another 9 times, ranging from €5k to the €2k. Says he’ll sort it and should ba all ok, and is sending out replacement visa cards.

whilst on the phone to him, the secretary of the company rings back and leaves a message. Said she’d refund the money, and that the credit card number she was given had one wrong number so that must be why my card was charged. I ring the boss back and told him thats a load of scutter, as they had tried take money 10 times off me, and how the fuck could a credit card have the same expiry date, same CCV number, and by pure chance the one incorrect digit just happened to make it the same as my card. He said it must be some online scam and he’d see and ring me back in the morning.

the more I thought about it, the more it stank, and I reckon yer one in his office got my number somehow and chanced her arm. Fuck that shit. More I thought about it then again the more I think I should report the cunts to the guards. fuck that. If someone stole €2k off you on the street you’d go straight to them, so why not now. Will see what the fuckers say in the morning, but really want to know where they got my card details. fuckers. banks, in fairness to them, are usually quick to sort this kind of shit out too so at least its not too bad that way.[/quote]

good to see you had 2k floating around on your credit card.

arent you famous for being thrifty?

[quote=“The Wild Colonial Bhoy, post: 850342, member: 80”]good to see you had 2k floating around on your credit card.

arent you famous for being thrifty?[/quote]

I think @Gman 's saving for a holiday in Mauritius.

[quote=“The Wild Colonial Bhoy, post: 850342, member: 80”]good to see you had 2k floating around on your credit card.

arent you famous for being thrifty?[/quote]

I think @Gman 's saving for a holiday in Mauritius.

avarice is one of Gmans many faults

No way rocko, I am sure I used the wife’s card to register

Gman were you in a restaurant any day where the waiter brought over the machine, stuck in your card and went oh this one isn’t working? That’s how they caught a girl I work with, but she remembered it and the Guards arrested your man.

gman doesnt go to restaurants mate

no value, too pricey etc etc

@Gman - go to fucking war pal… Bust heads and ask questions later.

Leave the Guards out of any matter until you absolutely need them. The banks will compensate anyway so whats the big deal? I applaud the entrepreneurship.

Agreed. If you go to the guards the best you’ll get is your 2k back. If you issue a few threats to this lad you might get a few more quid off him or some free hardware supplies.

they do plant and sewage cleaning. unless they give me a big sewage cleaning truck, there is little I can get off them!

will talk to the bank later about it. still not convinced about the whole thing. the holiday is cancelled now too @Bandage , cant trust anyone so keeping the card in the pocket

[quote=“Gman, post: 850451, member: 112”]they do plant and sewage cleaning. unless they give me a big sewage cleaning truck, there is little I can get off them!

will talk to the bank later about it. still not convinced about the whole thing. the holiday is cancelled now too @Bandage , cant trust anyone so keeping the card in the pocket[/quote]

Ring your bank.

Money is defoo not gone as all credit cards have a chargeback facility.

You cancelled a holiday over this? Really?

You’ve lost nothing, merely an inconvenience. Or am I missing something?

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 850457, member: 180”]You cancelled a holiday over this? Really?

You’ve lost nothing, merely an inconvenience. Or am I missing something?[/quote]

Yes. Yes you are.

I feel better now