Things That Are Wrong

Our football panelists on Sky Sports and ITV

That is one of the most wrong things I have ever seen.

Seeing we are on an Only Fools and Horses theme, it reminds me of the time Trigger said he told a bird he was a bus conductor instead of a road sweeper to ‘give him a bit of glamour’.

Motor Neuron Disease. Just reading a report that Fernando Ricksen has been diagnosed with this at the age of 37. That’s pretty bleak.

Bram stoker dying in obscurity having never achieved literary significance in his lifetime. Obituary never mentioned Dracula.

Died same week Titanic went down.

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 853803, member: 2272”]Bram stoker dying in obscurity having never achieved literary significance in his lifetime. Obituary never mentioned Dracula.

Died same week Titanic went down.[/quote]
Why would he have an obituary if he died in obscurity? And why is this wrong anyway? This strikes me more as irrelevant, rather than wrong. We’re talking generally about real world problems, like lads going out for dinner together, not some teenage vampire fiction writer.

Now now it’s his opinion. We’re not allowed to disagree with that. Ask @Mac[/USER] and @[USER=706]Fagan ODowd about it.

Sulking doesn’t suit you farmer. Fwiw Rocko made some very good points there.

I thought we needed something Halloweeny

There’s a Things That Are Weird thread for that.

Lord above.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 853842, member: 129”]There’s a Things That Are Weird thread for that.

Lord above.[/quote]
Above us only sky

NBA match on now Boston Celtics at Toronto Raptors, the Raptors coach is wearing a poppy on his suit jacket.

Sean og o hailpin can’t use the past tense.

Sickening hooliganism from an unruly Leitrim mob in Galway last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z07-FyV27j8

Disgusting carry on

Fucking animals…

What were those tards celebrating, was it dole day.

What a bunch of inbred simpletons

Can’t believe they make that many Leitrim jerseys. Always figured there was about 15 made a year at most.

One of the lads that was in Carrick last weekend swore it was the first time in his life he’d ever seen an LM reg car.

He may have a point
[I]
The arrival of the county’s first set of road traffic lights may have heralded weeks of jokes at Leitrim’s expense but their removal six years later has barely raised a whimper of press attention.

Following a question on traffic flow through the county town at last Monday evening’s Council meeting, Cllr Gerry Reynolds enquired about the recent removal of the traffic lights from the N4 near The Landmark Hotel.

Director of Services, John McGuinness, admitted that the lights had not been in operation for some time and had now been removed from this location.[/I]

[I]Cllr Reynolds pointed out that, at the time the lights were proposed by an expert survey, he had mooted the idea was a waste of time and money.

“At the time we were told that a so-called expert traffic survey recommended this. We were told we had to have traffic lights at this location and I raised my misgivings about this at the time.

“Now we find out that these same lights have been removed. This leaves me very sceptical of these traffic surveys,” he said, adding that the experiment had proven to be a “very expensive failure.”

Mr McGuinness acknowledged that the lights had not proven to be a suitable solution as people simply pressed the pedestrian button and then crossed before the don’t walk sign had changed and traffic had been brought to a halt.

“This meant that traffic was stopped when no one was crossing,” he admitted, however he said that the creation of the traffic calming measures including the pedestrian through-way had certainly worked at this location.[/I]