Things That Are Wrong

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 865357, member: 2272”]The £3.99 breakfast will probably be €4.99

two sausages, two rashers, three hash browns, two fried eggs, mushrooms/black pudding, beans, half a tomato and two slices of toast[/quote]
You’re right mate that sounds like super value.

Up North they charge about £2 a pint and a vodka and tonic is about £2.50 so again you are looking at €2.50 a pint here and about €3.10 for a vodka and tonic

If they bring those prices to Dublin it will be interesting to see if any reaction from local publicans

I expect they will become student/dipso bars

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 865368, member: 2272”]Up North they charge about £2 a pint and a vodka and tonic is about £2.50 so again you are looking at €2.50 a pint here and about €3.10 for a vodka and tonic

If they bring those prices to Dublin it will be interesting to see if any reaction from local publicans

I expect they will become student/dipso bars[/quote]
There are very different duties though.

Don’t be so hard on yourself, bro. I think you are great.

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 865368, member: 2272”]Up North they charge about £2 a pint and a vodka and tonic is about £2.50 so again you are looking at €2.50 a pint here and about €3.10 for a vodka and tonic

I expect they will become student/dipso bars[/quote]
Their prices will be nowhere near that here, mate.

€2.50 for a pint in Blackrock or Dun Laoghaire? For FFS. Is TUM a WUM?

Are you working for this crowd or something?

Art will be delighted that he will finally have a home from home to carry out his business meetings.

[quote=“Mark Renton, post: 865381, member: 1796”]Are you working for this crowd or something?

Art will be delighted that he will finally have a home from home to carry out his business meetings.[/quote]
What the fuck are you on about? Don’t fucking start on me today Mark-I’m not in the mood.

What’s up, pal?

I promised myself that I wouldn’t go on the piss this weekend and what did I do? Go on the piss on Saturday night. Then the match yesterday compounded my mood and I am tired and cranky today, mate so I don’t need you insinuating that I work in Wetherspoons when I hate the fucking cunts. I haven’t been able to train in over 3 weeks and I’m sat here now contemplating a chicken fillet roll for lunch for fuck sake.

[quote=“Mark Renton, post: 865381, member: 1796”]Are you working for this crowd or something?

Art will be delighted that he will finally have a home from home to carry out his business meetings.[/quote]

Business meetings? Im not of of the calculator carrying, trainers witb suit, scarf and glove wearing funboys glorified abacus accountants that seem to infest this site.

But yes im very much in favour of wetherspoons bringing some competition to the dublin riviera

They are buying up pubs in Cork too - Newport and Mangans. Plan to open 20 to 30 pubs in next three or four years. Their business model is aggressive pricing (they had pints for 99p in the UK a few years ago).

Be interesting to see if it has the same effect as Lidl/Aldi in supermarkers in driving competition. Bars are probably different in that cheap booze usually means a rough crowd.

A Vodka Red Bull is 9.10 in the 51!! 9 fucking 10!!

God knows how much it is in nightclubs etc.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 865404, member: 24”]A Vodka Red Bull is 9.10 in the 51!! 9 fucking 10!!

God knows how much it is in nightclubs etc.[/quote]

You should boycott the place and write a letter of complaint. In 4 years time they might bring the price back down for you.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 865404, member: 24”]A Vodka Red Bull is 9.10 in the 51!! 9 fucking 10!!

God knows how much it is in nightclubs etc.[/quote]
I paid the guts of €17 for a double jack and coke the other night in the Baggot Inn-serves me right for drinking in that cunt of a place. €16 for pints in the 51 on Saturday-they even took the hit on the 10 cents.

Bit expensive no?

Fuck sake I’m all over the shop here. 4 pints.

Fork handles?

Wetherspoons purchased a pub in Swords so it’ll be interesting to see how the people of fair Fingal welcome the new arrival.