Things That Are Wrong

Yep. Rack is out the back of the apartments in a bit of a quiet area so wouldn’t be too hard at night I reckon. About 5/6 bikes there but mine would have looked the shiniest I’d imagine.

I went to buy a U-bend lock for the other half’s bike yesterday - the lad in the shop basically told me that these days no lock was a significant issue for “lads in vans” and your best bet is that they find an easier bike to steal somewhere else. Even the best locks in the shop limit their claims to “will take a thief up to 3 minutes to remove” or something like that. Hardly confidence inspiring.

[quote=“tallback, post: 871973, member: 1158”]Yep. Rack is out the back of the apartments in a bit of a quiet area so wouldn’t be too hard at night I reckon. About 5/6 bikes there but mine would have looked the shiniest I’d imagine.

I went to buy a U-bend lock for the other half’s bike yesterday - the lad in the shop basically told me that these days no lock was a significant issue for “lads in vans” and your best bet is that they find an easier bike to steal somewhere else. Even the best locks in the shop limit their claims to “will take a thief up to 3 minutes to remove” or something like that. Hardly confidence inspiring.[/quote]
Shite man that’s pretty crap. I’ll prob be moving back to Dublin in a couple months and bike will be the mode of transport for a good while to come so was going to get a good one. Seems to be a nightmare trying to hold onto them though.

Very frustrating alright - not much you can do apart from curse your luck. The only real safety seems to be safety in numbers and a trickier lock i.e. they grab someone elses not yours. The lad in the cycle shop said there was an epidemic of bike thefts at the moment - he reckoned most were sent to the UK for resale or for cutting up. If you can store a bike indoors then its probably a bit safer, outside like mine - sure insurance wouldn’t even cover it.

Sorry to hear about that pal, anyone with a decent bike prob worth getting

gps, whilst pricey might be the best option.

Or as TB says a better lock than the person next to you.

If only somebody would open an indoors, guarded bike lockup in Dublin City Center.

@Thrawneen

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 871978, member: 1786”]If only somebody would open an indoors, guarded bike lockup in Dublin City Center.

@Thrawneen[/quote]

Theyd clean up…

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 871977, member: 348”]Sorry to hear about that pal, anyone with a decent bike prob worth getting [SIZE=14px]gps, whilst pricey might be the best option.[/SIZE]

[/quote]

My bike wasn’t even that expensive, it just looked new and shiny. I think for my next bike I’ll get something that looks shite and old but is good from a second-hand place.

Yeah good call sport, bringing abike up to dublin myself in the next few weeks…must get some good locks for it.

Get a Hi Nelly

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 871978, member: 1786”]If only somebody would open an indoors, guarded bike lockup in Dublin City Center.

@Thrawneen[/quote]

I still think it’s a brilliant idea. I’d never get rich off it, but I think I could make a living from it. Whilst guarding the bikes of the populace.

Can’t even get insurance no?

Most standard house insurance has stuff in the small print about where the bike is stored (i.e. they want it to be indoors or in a locked shed) - keep an eye out for it.

Bikes take up a lot of damn space though.

But don’t need anything more than a bike rack. And there are any number of empty buildings in the city.

May be worth buying bike insurance, no idea how much this is though.

Daniel Taylor‏@DTguardian10m
Unusual day for me. In court for Stoke City case. Peter Fox, ex-keeper, accused of subjecting teenage apprentice to “the Glove”

Daniel Taylor‏@DTguardian8m
Same trainee alleges players punished him for not making tea hot enough by pinning him down and placing red-hot teapot on his backside

“The Glove”, otherwise known as “the Finger” - smear heat cream on glove and then sexual assault of apprentices

Daniel Taylor‏@DTguardian6m
Manager Mick Mills, ex-England captain, accused of “turning blind eye” to these punishment rituals

Daniel Taylor‏@DTguardian5m
Full story will be online soon. Fox and Mills both deny accusations. Lawyers say case could open floodgates for other civil claims

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 872065, member: 1137”]Daniel Taylor‏@DTguardian10m
Unusual day for me. In court for Stoke City case. Peter Fox, ex-keeper, accused of subjecting teenage apprentice to “the Glove”

Same trainee alleges players punished him for not making tea hot enough by pinning him down and placing red-hot teapot on his backside

“The Glove”, otherwise known as “the Finger” - smear heat cream on glove and then sexual assault of apprentices

Daniel Taylor‏@DTguardian6m
Manager Mick Mills, ex-England captain, accused of “turning blind eye” to these punishment rituals

Daniel Taylor‏@DTguardian5m
Full story will be online soon. Fox and Mills both deny accusations. Lawyers say case could open floodgates for other civil claims[/quote]
We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline.

[quote=“tallback, post: 871973, member: 1158”]Yep. Rack is out the back of the apartments in a bit of a quiet area so wouldn’t be too hard at night I reckon. About 5/6 bikes there but mine would have looked the shiniest I’d imagine.

I went to buy a U-bend lock for the other half’s bike yesterday - the lad in the shop basically told me that these days no lock was a significant issue for “lads in vans” and your best bet is that they find an easier bike to steal somewhere else. Even the best locks in the shop limit their claims to “will take a thief up to 3 minutes to remove” or something like that. Hardly confidence inspiring.[/quote]

Here’s the deal, go to pearse st station and report it. They will bring you into a room full of recovered bikes and ask you if this one is yours. Yes it is. That’s the way it works.

similar set up to the guards at Kevin St too. truck loads of bikes that they have picked up.

Whupped.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbI0JV0IgAAqG_2.jpg:large