Things That Are Wrong

We also use the present continuous tense “i do be drinking all day” “i do be gambling all day” “I do be suffering tight hamstrings all day”

Other English speakers don’t tend to use it.
Agains Irish language related

Good link here based on Gerard Manley Hopkins work who must have been influenced

http://www.gerardmanleyhopkins.org/lectures_2012/hopkins_and_hiberno_english.html

We have now so well mastered this language of our adoption that we use it with a
freshness and power that the English of these days rarely have.

the Mario rosenstock Christmas special - impressions are rarely funny - material has to be very sharp ala some of the Scrap Saturday satire or Spitting Image

Notwithstanding that live audience are - laughing at stuff that is not remotely funny

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 877847, member: 2272”]the Mario rosenstock Christmas special - impressions are rarely funny - material has to be very sharp ala some of the Scrap Saturday satire or Spitting Image

Notwithstanding that live audience are - laughing at stuff that is not remotely funny[/quote]

Can’t have been as bad as Joe Duffy on Grafton street today

Irish Pictorial was amusing enough. Writing is a bit surreal and better for it.

Good fuck. Ireland’s Call on RTÉ now. Brian D’Arcy, Eamonn Dunohy, Gay Byrne, Mary Byrne among those singing with Phil of the most piano.

Worth catching 2 minutes of this Phil Coulter show on +1. It’s a real cunt off between Gaybo and Phil.

I think Phil Coulter is the bigger cunt at least Gaybo has a prize for everyone in the audience.

cool filter is a stone cold cunt.

Watching it with the folks. We’re around 20 minutes behind so only getting to Ireland’s Call now.

Ah Gay wins this hands down. He’s insufferable. “Go over to the piano. I’ll introduce if from here.” That can’t convey the condescending and showbizzy tone he used though.

I saw Kathleen and the grand kids at Mass earlier tonight. It was standing room only she they arrived late,but they managed to barge their way into a seat.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 877729, member: 9”]Utter retards who refer to christmas as “the christmas”.

These simpletons are also prone to saying “the mother”, “the brother” and so on.

For example: “I was talking to the brother and he says he hasn’t got anything for the mother for the christmas.”[/quote]
I love that, that really mugs you off

Welcome back! Happy Christmas!

Cheers mate.

Welcome back indeed to the father of the board. Merry Xmas Fagan, was worried you’d do a Mark Taylor and retire on, 9,999.

Welcome back @Fagan ODowd.

Happy xmas.

goose or turkey today?

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 877889, member: 686”]Happy xmas.

goose or turkey today?[/quote]
Turkey KP

Don’t leave it so long again before checking in you old bollox…happy Christmas.