Things That Are Wrong

Ya you are close enough there. The word scumbag is very mis-used though, used unfairly as well. There are plenty scumbags walking around wearing Armani suits and working in well paid jobs that wouldn’t hold a candle to the quality of person living in Housing estates who get tarnished with the “scumbag” tag.

That goes without saying. The book ‘chavs’ is a decent eye opener to how common that whole labelling has become.

Not being argumentative as I get your sentiment, but it actually does have to be said, even for a few plonked a on here.

Must check out that book, is it a book exploring social science or an interview type log?

Chavs can be summed up by
Wonga.com
Tattoos
Riding the neighbour/granny/stepdaughter etc
Cheap drink
Bulldogs
Unemployment benefit

You need to be in england to understand

[quote=“Tassotti, post: 881576, member: 361”]Chavs can be summed up by
Wonga.com
Tattoos
Riding the neighbour/granny/stepdaughter etc
Cheap drink
Bulldogs
Unemployment benefit

You need to be in england to understand[/quote]

Add Lonsdale clothing to the list

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 881573, member: 273”]Not being argumentative as I get your sentiment, but it actually does have to be said, even for a few plonked a on here.

Must check out that book, is it a book exploring social science or an interview type log?[/quote]

More of a sociological book exploring the marginilisation of the british working/underlass and how it has become acceptable for the middle classes and media to label people because of where they come from or how they dress etc.

While kinda in this subject, does anyone have a link for that Feile Dreams doc?

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10238109/

“Swit swoo”, or any variation thereon :mad:

looking good xxx

Tanks hun

Hubba hubba xxx

Good man. The teachers remind me of a few years ago. Great story, an shows the capabilities Hurling and Football has. It also shows that start boys playing a game at a formative age with their friends cultures and traditions an everything else go out the window. They’ll take to anything.

Cold sores

Up da ra

Have you tried taking L-Lysine?

Ronan O’gara saying the wedding photos and newspaper coverage of his wedding was foisted upon him during the Tiger.

How do I know this?

He said it on a TV documentary made about his professional and private life. Was that foisted on him too?

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 881833, member: 2272”]Ronan O’gara saying the wedding photos and newspaper coverage of his wedding was foisted upon him during the Tiger.

How do I know this?

He said it on a TV documentary made about his professional and private life. Was that foisted on him too?[/quote]
I presume he chose to do the documentary, the wedding was a case of let them in on your own terms or have the vile pondscum tabloid photogs swinging from the trees. Doesn’t seem that complicated.

Grand so. What about doing a piece with VIP magazine with his missus?

Controlling your press and your message. It was the Celtic Tiger, we all partied.