Things That Are Wrong

[quote=“artfoley, post: 885538, member: 179”]Wasnt he ranting and raving about ticketmaster ripping off fans, back in the 90s?

Souptaking cunt[/quote]

Ya. Pearl Jam took a stance that basically meant they didn’t become U2/Chilli Peppers etc in the 90’s. They took on Ticketmaster and went solo.

I’m thinking this is the organizers really. Perth is now the richest city in the richest country in the world (going on the earning power of the lower and middle class) and everyone likes a cut. But still, the last time he went around Oz his tickets were 45-60 dollars.

I’m tempted to ask his twitter account for an explanation, as I do rate the guy highly.

Btw, Rolling Stones tickets are being sold for 2.5k in Perth for upcoming gig. How fucking stupid are those people?

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 885553, member: 273”]
Btw, Rolling Stones tickets are being sold for 2.5k in Perth for upcoming gig. How fucking stupid are those people?[/quote]
Fucking hell.

You should try that twitter contact Kev, be interesting to see the response given the history as you pointed out.

Pal, I suggest we gather the lads and organise a Q1 steak some Saturday evening in March.

Sounds good. MPW? Was there with the lads before Christmas. We retired to 37 after dinner to enjoy some more wine.

Losing a football match to a shower of tan cunts with garrison in their club name. Cunts!

[quote=“glasagusban, post: 885588, member: 1533”]Fucking hell.

You should try that twitter contact Kev, be interesting to see the response given the history as you pointed out.[/quote]

Just tweeted them.

MPW is fine with me. Let’s firm up the full details in due course.

What would you expect them to be? I hear the cost of living is unreal in Oz now?

Enjoy the few pints.

Vedder on his own should be around the 25/30 quid mark i would have thought, possibly less given his pontificating about ripping fans off

Adults posting on Facebook looking for sponsorship for a 10k or whatever juxtaposed between photos of their nights out, being in airport lounges, eating in expensive restaurants etc

Call the cunt out @TheUlteriorMotive you know you want to

Not that I’d personally get involved in anything disgusting like helping a charity but surely these things aren’t mutually exclusive - you can wine and dine and do charitable deeds. If they’ve only posted a status inviting people to sponsor them if they wish then I don’t see a problem here. Fair enough if they’re haranguing people for sponsorship publicly though.

Ireland’s Fittest Family

We’re one step away from “Youth Hostelling with Chris Eubank”.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 885739, member: 129”]Ireland’s Fittest Family

We’re one step away from “Youth Hostelling with Chris Eubank”.[/quote]
Some amount of freaks on show there, and I’m not evening mentioning the coaches or the presenter. I think I saw that Davy was the main man behind it in the credits.

My view on it is if you are a man of means then you should make your own charitable donation and not ask your friends to subsidise your social conscience/race fee

It is also done to tick the socially aware box of their online persona

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 885756, member: 2272”]My view on it is if you are a man of means then you should make your own charitable donation and not ask your friends to subsidise your social conscience/race fee

It is also done to tick the socially aware box of their online persona[/quote]

In a complete rarity for TFK, I’m going to use the following phrase:

“Yeah, I can see your point.”

[quote=“Bandage, post: 885759, member: 9”]In a complete rarity for TFK, I’m going to use the following phrase:

“Yeah, I can see your point.”[/quote]
Appreciate that. In a similar gesture I can see point you were making above - in particular a local or specific cause where every euro might help.

7-10 lads inside a multi-national store at 10.25am. holding slabs of “Galahad” lager, pursuant to opening time for off-sales @ 10.30am. I’m as fond of a drink as the next man and can, on occassion get rancerous, but this carry-on, at the clear cost of the majority here excl. @TWCB and @Fitzy ranckles…

75-100 max. 90 min solo gig, himself and guitar and a ukulele. He did them for free and charity donations in the past.

Perth and Sydney are off the charts now. I’m making what I think is savage money, but I’m nowhere near a lot of lads. Plumbers here are getting 90 dollars an hour, that’s common enough. Brickies are on 60-70. Chippy a are on less than everyone as there is so many of them.

Price of housing is rising at freakish levels. A guy I’m renovating a house for told me to take my time, the next spike in that suburb will make his house value more that what he save in the meantime by getting it finished and sold.

The Irish are leaving though. Anecdotally in significant numbers. It seems a lot of the dickheads are staying. Win win Eire!!!