Things That Are Wrong

Would they be better off with FOBTs?

yeah probably. might get some return out of them.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 886811, member: 24”]My mam is worrying that she can’t lodge money. I told her to ask the cashiers to lodge it and if they refuse I will ring them and give them a bollocking. I feel a bit bad as they are only probably following orders but something needs to be said.

Cunts.[/quote]

Wouldn’t it be more beneficial to your mother if you spent your time teaching her how to lodge the money via the machines rather than complain about it on here

Pipe down you cunt.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 886811, member: 24”]My mam is worrying that she can’t lodge money. I told her to ask the cashiers to lodge it and if they refuse I will ring them and give them a bollocking. I feel a bit bad as they are only probably following orders but something needs to be said.

Cunts.[/quote]

It’s not the cashiers fault that they are following policy.

I dont see what ringing them and giving them a bollocking will do, especially as you cant ring a branch directly anymore and just en up in a maze of a phone tree…

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 886951, member: 348”]It’s not the cashiers fault that they are following policy.

I dont see what ringing them and giving them a bollocking will do, especially as you cant ring a branch directly anymore and just en up in a maze of a phone tree…[/quote]

Spot on. @farmerinthecity has made a fool of himself here.

Cunts.[/quote]

whilst i have sympathy for your mother and dont want to rain on your parade, but will you not be told to FOAD by the bank as they can only speak to the account holder?

anyone here work in a bank? They could clear this one up

They may just shorten it to FO.

It wasn’t Granny that brought the bank to the brink. And it won’t be a cashier who has nothing better to do, helping Granny out that’s going to bring them back there.

I would look more at the fact that their CEO was on the Board of Directors when they went to the wall, or paying bonuses to senior management as bigger problems.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 886999, member: 24”]It wasn’t Granny that brought the bank to the brink. And it won’t be a cashier who has nothing better to do, helping Granny out that’s going to bring them back there.

I would look more at the fact that their CEO was on the Board of Directors when they went to the wall, or paying bonuses to senior management as bigger problems.[/quote]

You’ve railed against the civil service having layers of unnecessary staff costs in the past. Yet now you want a bank (which still retains state support) to employ people and incur the related salary costs for transactions that can be completed electronically in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner. Absolutely ridiculous stance from you.

@farmerinthecity getting it all wrong here. Typically these machines have very clear step by step instructions. And of course they cut out a needless interaction with a stranger.

Farmer would your accountancy practice be happy to go around filing auld ones tax returns for free because they can’t use the revenue site? Especially considering the auditors share a chunk of the blame for the banking crisis

Of course you’re not conflicted here at all.

Like it or not but many of the bank’s customers are elderly. They are being forced to use an electronic machine for lodgements. A lot of them are frightened by technology and a lot of them simply don’t get it. It causes them a lot of distress.

I have witnessed cashiers simply sitting there while people struggle with the machine. They are obviously under orders to point them to the machine. Forcing a customer to a way of doing something that they are not comfortable with is hardly good business.

Some people will naturally want to use the machine. What is wrong with offering the possibility for a customer not comfortable with the machine to do it over the counter?

Why should I be forced to use it if I don’t want to?

Are you trying to draw comparisons?

Ridiculous.

Bank of Ireland customers pay fees for their banking. Yet they are being pushed towards a machine.

Of course auditors are to blame. Forget about auditing for a second, what would you do if the biggest contributor to your turnover was threatening not to deal with you again because he wasn’t happy with the service provided?

Arguing vehemently against progress is baffling.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 887021, member: 24”]Are you trying to draw comparisons?

Ridiculous.

Bank of Ireland customers pay fees for their banking. Yet they are being pushed towards a machine.

Of course auditors are to blame. Forget about auditing for a second, what would you do if the biggest contributor to your turnover was threatening not to deal with you again because he wasn’t happy with the service provided?[/quote]

Where do they go? What other options are out there?

Are you referring to the last sentence?

There are loads of competitors out there only too happy to bow to them.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 887021, member: 24”]Are you trying to draw comparisons?

Ridiculous.

Of course auditors are to blame. Forget about auditing for a second, what would you do if the biggest contributor to your turnover was threatening not to deal with you again because he wasn’t happy with the service provided?[/quote]

Are you saying auld ones are their biggest contributor to turnover?