Things That Are Wrong

Because fuck you that’s why.

Incidentally the bank should have been nationalised and merged with aib, then it could be run for the benefit of your ma and we should carry on from there.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 887029, member: 24”]Are you referring to the last sentence?

There are loads of competitors out there only too happy to bow to them.[/quote]

So your profession is inherently corrupt?

[quote=“glasagusban, post: 887032, member: 1533”]Because fuck you that’s why.

Incidentally the bank should have been nationalised and merged with aib, then it could be run for the benefit of your ma and we should carry on from there.[/quote]

Fuck off you horrible cunt.

No.

They were two distinct points you were raising no?

That’s the banks attitudes exactly. Which was my point.

No I’m not.

I am saying that it is only natural for people in my profession not to risk annoying the customer.

Of course the fact that the auditing system is meant to work on such a basis is the bigger question.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 887042, member: 24”]No I’m not.

I am saying that it is only natural for people in my profession not to risk annoying the customer.

Of course the fact that the auditing system is meant to work on such a basis is the bigger question.[/quote]

So they shouldn’t risk annoying the customer by doing their job incompetently?

Would you rather they charge more to fund the salaries of the extra support staff?

@farmerinthecity probably refuses to book holidays online, instead preferring face-to-face contact with a travel agent and, of course, the higher cost.

Do you demand that your Fabian Delph has been washed by a human rather than a dishwasher when you’re in a restaurant, pal? Would you pay more for your meal to have this personal touch?

Attacking banks for offering a streamlined and efficient service is disgusting. My industry deserves better than this.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 887042, member: 24”]No I’m not.

Of course the fact that the auditing system is meant to work on such a basis is the bigger question.[/quote]

Shane Ross after hacking this idiot’s account. No one else could come out with such rubbish.

does farmer use sat nav or does he fly on planes that have autopilot ?

Well considering that the bank charges are now mainly the cost of upkeep of machines I wouldn’t think there is any merit in that.

What’s rubbish about it?

[quote=“Bandage, post: 887054, member: 9”]@farmerinthecity probably refuses to book holidays online, instead preferring face-to-face contact with a travel agent and, of course, the higher cost.

Do you demand that your Fabian Delph has been washed by a human rather than a dishwasher when you’re in a restaurant, pal? Would you pay more for your meal to have this personal touch?

Attacking banks for offering a streamlined and efficient service is disgusting. My industry deserves better than this.[/quote]

It is not about the personal touch. It is about not forcing customers to use services which they are uncomfortable using.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 887054, member: 9”]@farmerinthecity probably refuses to book holidays online, instead preferring face-to-face contact with a travel agent and, of course, the higher cost.

Attacking banks for offering a streamlined and efficient service is disgusting. My industry deserves better than this.[/quote]
It doesn’t mate.

That doesn’t answer my question.

Anyway, why is it only Bank of Ireland that you protest about? Before NIB shut up shop they went down the same route. They even forced customers to go to Post Offices I think. PTSB have closed branches all around the country forcing elderly customers in some towns to have to travel to great lengths to even get to a branch. I believe AIB no longer take cash over the counter and had this stance in place long before BOI. What’s with the anti-BOI agenda while others have also put measures in place?

They’re offering a simple alternative that you’ve dismissed offhand. The only unreasonable thing here is the intransigence of you and your family.

machines dont have sickies, coffee breaks, training, unions or pensions to worry about

An alternative assumes some sort of choice. There is no choice.

From what farmer is saying, it is not an alternative-it is the only way of doing it.

I’m with farmer here. Fucking banks-fuck them.