Things That Are Wrong

Mick Wallace . What a fucking Goon.

People who are always telling people about their new diet/healthy eating/fitness training regime and never lose weight.

I have said it before but I will say it again - fun runners/triathletes who do a few 10km/marathons/triathlons and then tell everybody about their times/training/how good they are. You never hear a serious athlete mention any of that stuff in company.

@Gman, but didn’t he start supporting Torino in the wake of the Wexford Youths link up having supported Juve before then? He mentions only being in the new Juve stadium once but what about 10/15+ years ago? Actually, who gives a fuck?

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 895326, member: 2272”]People who are always telling people about their new diet/healthy eating/fitness training regime and never lose weight.

I have said it before but I will say it again - fun runners/triathletes who do a few 10km/marathons/triathlons and then tell everybody about their times/training/how good they are. You never hear a serious athlete mention any of that stuff in company.[/quote]

+1. I completely relate to this. It’s a hobby. They don’t have to tell me every single detail of where and when they’re running and give me a report on what time they ran and what conditions were like etc. It’s a fucking hobby - no need to tell us every fucking thing about it.

It reminds me a bit of GAA players thinking they’re comparable to professional footballers on Twitter. You’ll see Rio Ferdinand or someone saying that it was a good result away to Everton, Goodison is a tough place to go and the supporters were great. Then you’ll see some nob Wexford footballer saying it was a good result away to Offaly, O’Connor Park is a tough place to go and the supporters were great.

I find a lot of these runner types have never played sport to any level - that’s why they do shit like running to begin with - so that’s why they feel the need to bore the fuck out of everyone talking about going for a fucking jog and going on as if they’re competing at a professional level.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 895333, member: 9”]+1. I completely relate to this. It’s a hobby. They don’t have to tell me every single detail of where and when they’re running and give me a report on what time they ran and what conditions were like etc. It’s a fucking hobby - no need to tell us every fucking thing about it.

It reminds me a bit of GAA players thinking they’re comparable to professional footballers on Twitter. You’ll see Rio Ferdinand or someone saying that it was a good result away to Everton, Goodison is a tough place to go and the supporters were great. Then you’ll see some nob Wexford footballer saying it was a good result away to Offaly, O’Connor Park is a tough place to go and the supporters were great.

I find a lot of these runner types have never played sport to any level - that’s why they do shit like running to begin with - so that’s why they feel the need to bore the fuck out of everyone talking about going for a fucking jog and going on as if they’re competing at a professional level.[/quote]

Agreed, nearly as bad as lads tweeting and posting about Astro football games

[quote=“Gman, post: 895305, member: 112”]incorrect, he was never a Juve fan. He used to go to Turin so I think it was assumed it was for Juve. He used to always bring the Youths teams out to Turin and play Torino. He also used to wear a big torino managers coat when managing the Youths teams. He wrote a big piece on it around the time of that picture MBB posted happend, last September or October. will try find it.

edit: here it is

http://mickwallace.net/forza-toro/

For the record, I am a Toro supporter. I have a season ticket with Torino and I stand on the second tier of the curva nord. I do not have a Juve season ticket. I have been to new Juve stadium once – and that was for Italia/ Czech Republic game. I go to 6 or 7 Toro games each season. So far this year I have been to see Toro/Milan, Toro/Juve, and next Sunday, I will go to Toro/Roma. I eat and drink in Caffe Rossini on Corsa Regina Margherita- a Toro bar.
I am a big fan of Italia Football and I have attended every World Cup championship and Euro championship since 1982 except for one! always going to the Italia games. I am a football coach in Ireland, have long studied Italian coaching, and I formed a new club in Ireland called the ‘Wexford Youths’ – we are amateur and play in our version of Serie B. We are best known for our under age teams which is the biggest priority of the club. For the last 16 years at Easter, I bring a group of under 16 players to play in a tournament in Torino, and sometimes we have linked up with Toro academies to improve the technique of our players. I have been visiting Torino regularly for almost 25 years- My sister Mary lives in San Mauro. I became very attached to the Toro club mostly because of their fans- I find them to be socially minded and for me, the Toro fans are the heart and soul of the city of Torino, a city I love very much.[/quote]

That’s one hell of a clamping. Don’t fuck with Wexford when Gman is around

[quote=“Bandage, post: 895333, member: 9”]

.[/quote]

As the cycling world said about Kimmage when he published Rough Ride: typical comment from someone who was never any good.

I scored all the points for my team in a county final.

A man who’s career reached it’s zenith all too soon.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 895333, member: 9”]

I find a lot of these runner types have never played sport to any level - that’s why they do shit like running to begin with - so that’s why they feel the need to bore the fuck out of everyone talking about going for a fucking jog and going on as if they’re competing at a professional level.[/quote]

Yeah most people who were good at/serious about sport played it at a competitive level when young and then you pack it in when you don’t reach the required level/reach required level and then pack it in as the body starts to go/time catches up/life reasons. You generally have friends who have achieved something in competitive sport so you know the lay of the land in terms of what is an achievement and what is a hobby/something to get out of the house.

Add to the list the lads who start boxing in their 30s.

Worse again when the husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend buys into the nonsense and refers to them as “runners” or “boxers” or “cyclists”.

You are some bluffer in fairness.

Like I say, I believe Wallace is rewriting history here.

When that Torino link up first happened and he had the youth team with Kevin Doyle and lads from TFK and other friends/acquaintances of the Wexicans on here, I can recall Wallace in the local press saying he managed it because of his time spent in Turin on the back of his love for Juve.

It depends on whether you take what he says at face value or not.

Not sure how any of this is fucking with Wexford, mind.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 895347, member: 9”]Like I say, I believe Wallace is rewriting history here.

When that Torino link up first happened and he had the youth team with Kevin Doyle and lads from TFK and other friends/acquaintances of the Wexicans on here, I can recall Wallace in the local press saying he managed it because of his time spent in Turin on the back of his love for Juve.

Not sure how any of this is fucking with Wexford, mind.[/quote]
You are undermining a Wexford man. Gman won’t stand for it. And thank god appendage is not around.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 895347, member: 9”]Like I say, I believe Wallace is rewriting history here.

yeah nothing to do with Wexford, and wasnt undermining him. I couldnt give a fuck about Wallace really, wouldnt be a fan of his “politics” but would know him. and apologies bandage for clamping you, it wasnt my intention.

however,

he has been out in turin for years. as he said in the piece, his sister lives there and has done for a long time, and he had a vineyard out in the mountians nearby that got caught up in his liquidation but it stayed in the family. I dont think any of his movements out there had anything to do with Juve, and he was doing the Torino thing for a long time

[quote=“Gman, post: 895351, member: 112”]yeah nothing to do with Wexford, and wasnt undermining him. I couldnt give a fuck about Wallace really, wouldnt be a fan of his “politics” but would know him. and apologies bandage for clamping you, it wasnt my intention.

however, he has been out in turin for years. as he said in the piece, his sister lives there and has done for a long time, and he had a vineyard out in the mountians nearby that got caught up in his liquidation but it stayed in the family. I dont think any of his movements out there had anything to do with Juve, and he was doing the Torino thing for a long time.[/quote]

[quote=“Gman, post: 895351, member: 112”]yeah nothing to do with Wexford, and wasnt undermining him. I couldnt give a fuck about Wallace really, wouldnt be a fan of his “politics” but would know him. and apologies bandage for clamping you, it wasnt my intention.

however,

he has been out in turin for years. as he said in the piece, his sister lives there and has done for a long time, and he had a vineyard out in the mountians nearby that got caught up in his liquidation but it stayed in the family. I dont think any of his movements out there had anything to do with Juve, and he was doing the Torino thing for a long time[/quote]

Why was his construction company logo in black and white then?
Why do Wexford youths play in black & white at home it says on Wiki it’s because of Juve (not the best source I know). Isn’t the pink away a tribute to Juve?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2009/jul/13/mick-wallace-kevin-doyle-agent

This is all very confusing

The Wexford local press would not be the most accurate.

Tom Mooney destroyed Bandage once

The Garth Brooks hysteria.

[quote=“Julio Geordio, post: 895362, member: 332”]Why was his construction company logo in black and white then?
Why do Wexford youths play in black & white at home it says on Wiki it’s because of Juve (not the best source I know). Isn’t the pink away a tribute to Juve?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2009/jul/13/mick-wallace-kevin-doyle-agent

This is all very confusing[/quote]

dont know why he has those colours. but he had them for a long time, and the black and white I assume is more to do with the logo of the black and white football.

it was always assumed when he went to Turin it was mixing with Juve, but none of his sides played Juve or were in their academies. They always played torino and came back with Torino gear. Some players even stayed on in underage football camps for a few months playing with Torino.

whether he once supported Juve or not I dont know, but for the last 20 years I have only known him to follow Torino really.