Things That Are Wrong

I’m sure it was handier to organise a friendly with Torino youths than Juve youths. What footballing director wants to see Kevin Doyle swinging a wild elbow into his future Azzurri international?

@Bandage walked out on his astro side a few weeks ago. Mid season. Hours before a game.

[quote=“Gman, post: 895351, member: 112”]yeah nothing to do with Wexford, and wasnt undermining him. I couldnt give a fuck about Wallace really, wouldnt be a fan of his “politics” but would know him. and apologies bandage for clamping you, it wasnt my intention.

however,

he has been out in turin for years. as he said in the piece, his sister lives there and has done for a long time, and he had a vineyard out in the mountians nearby that got caught up in his liquidation but it stayed in the family. I dont think any of his movements out there had anything to do with Juve, and he was doing the Torino thing for a long time[/quote]

Yes, I’m aware of the vineyard and his sister out there etc but my point is that he used to watch Juve out there as opposed to Torino. Wearing the Torino jersey now could be the display of your average football hipster or maybe he’s grown to like them through that youth team link up. Like you, I don’t really care all things considered.

For what its worth you’re correct in your assumption on the Juve Torino thing. Burgers would verify if he posted here but as another forum member who was involved in those teams I hope my own word is good enough.

:clap:

@superleeds would confirm it too, along with the aforementioned @Burgers. Not to mention Wallace’s quotes years ago. Why wouldn’t he just say that Torino have become his team since they’ve been so welcoming to his Wexford side? Weird.

All in all that’s an epic clamping for that complete bluffer @caoimhaoin.

@superleeds would confirm it too, along with the aforementioned @Burgers. Not to mention Wallace’s quotes years ago. Why wouldn’t he just say that Torino have become his team since they’ve been so welcoming to his Wexford side? Weird.

All in all that’s an epic clamping for that complete bluffer @caoimhaoin.[/quote]

@caoimhaoin has probably never met Wallace or knows very little about him so that obviously makes him better placed to pass judgement on the whole thing rather than those of us who know the facts.

Who did @superleeds play for?

Mick Wallace used to wear flowery Hawaiian type shirts when he was manager of the Wexford Youths (proper U18 youths). That should put the lid firmly on the debate.

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 895342, member: 2272”]Yeah most people who were good at/serious about sport played it at a competitive level when young and then you pack it in when you don’t reach the required level/reach required level and then pack it in as the body starts to go/time catches up/life reasons. You generally have friends who have achieved something in competitive sport so you know the lay of the land in terms of what is an achievement and what is a hobby/something to get out of the house.

Add to the list the lads who start boxing in their 30s.

Worse again when the husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend buys into the nonsense and refers to them as “runners” or “boxers” or “cyclists”.[/quote]

Good/interesting/slightly confusing post

That is also correct.

People giving out about threads going off topic.

Who gives a fuck?

:smiley:
A rep called to us this morning, he was on his laptop logged onto Ticketmaster from 8.00am until 11.45am. He got mugged off good & proper. :D:D

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 895423, member: 24”]People giving out about threads going off topic.

Who gives a fuck?[/quote]
@Mac does, farmer.

@Mac[/USER] @[USER=110]Fran how many poster on here were on that 2000 Wexford Youths team?
Just looking back at the team that day, and I see Eoin Quigley and Darren Stamp were also playing on that team that beat us.

explain please

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 895436, member: 1786”]@Mac[/USER] @[USER=110]Fran how many poster on here were on that 2000 Wexford Youths team?
Just looking back at the team that day, and I see Eoin Quigley and Darren Stamp were also playing on that team that beat us.[/quote]

If @Fran was on it I’d be very surprised. Stamp and Quigley came into the panel half way through the season if I remember correctly. Eric Bradley was also on the team.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 895423, member: 24”]People giving out about threads going off topic.

Who gives a fuck?[/quote]

Probably the same lad who gets irritated when people are too lazy to figure out the search function correctly.

Everything the country has gone through in the last five years… Nothing from the Irish people… Garth Brooks decides he needs to make money and the Irish hit the streets for four days to oblige… What a country.

The good times are about to start rolling mate. The ballsy men are starting to buy up property again.

All in all that’s an epic clamping for that complete bluffer @caoimhaoin.[/quote]
Unfortunately not bandage, this is gmans word against Macs, both having friends on said team. I’d take Gman every time. I never said anything anoint Wallace, but Gman produced evidence supporting his. Mac didn’t. I’d say you backed the wrong horse.

How about the word of someone who was on the panel?