Things that continue to be right…or things that float your 🐐

Yeah. Didn’t see your post there.

Great post. Mind yourself mate

2 Likes

Hold strong fella. I was you about a month ago. Mama J went to hospital at the start of January. She was moved to a nursing home at the start of covid. Mentally she had gone. Batshit mental on the phone sometimes when youd get her. She got rehospitalised in April. They let us send someone in then sent us home. They rang about 2am saying send someone in, she’s gonna go tonight. She rallied and came out of icu about 5 days later. Shes now home. A huge amount of care involved. Life isnt perfect but shes back fully mentally. Cryptic crosswords, playing scrabble and involving herself in the fray of slagging etc. Not a hope I’d have believed that a month ago.

50 Likes

Fuckit man. That’s great outcome

2 Likes

Ah that’s amazing. Brilliant. Delighted to hear your good news. They can certainly surprise you. Brilliant.

1 Like

Some lovely posting here from @TheUlteriorMotive and @Juhniallio. Two absolute bastards but I love them dearly.

I’ve pretty much no relationship with my auld fella. There’s so much unsaid, that bridge will never be crossed. We don’t know how to talk to each other like that… So I’ll probably have a mental breakdown when he passes, unless I go first. Such is life.

19 Likes

Fair play for the honesty mate. I left home at 18 pretty much and while there’s still a room for me there I was gone then. And while I’d talk regularly to them it’s superficial stuff really. Lucky to have a few good friends I can say anything too.

3 Likes

Well hopefully learn from their mistakes

Don’t say that mate. I had that once upon a time until something came to pass that broke the ice. It’s not perfect but we’re much better now and getting better with each passing day.

Regrets will destroy a man

5 Likes

That’s pretty shit mate. Buuuuut… is there no chance you can sort it? Ye wont be able to fix the past I’m sure but theres a hell of a lot of comfort to be got in sorting the present. For both of you. I’d respectfully ask you to give it a go.*

*apologies if I’m giving knob end advice which is actually untenable.

3 Likes

It’s great that you’re making the most of the time TUM.

my father in law is amazingly still with us having fended off 2 bouts of sepsis, and most recently, a nasty bout of shingles and only getting out of hospital on Monday. All of this with supposedly terminal stomach cancer.

He’s tough as old boots and we half jokingly say that after the nuclear apocalypse he’ll still be sitting there with only cockroaches.

TLDR weve been told 3 times in the last 18 months to get everyone home from abroad as he wouldn’t last the week.

I suppose it’s a mix of the Marvel’s of modern medicine and sheer Connaught bloodymindedness.

Either way my thoughts are with you and yours

7 Likes

Good luck TUM and Juhy. Nothing left unsaid or anything like that, but I’d give lot just to have a chat with my father again.

22 Likes

My mother is a Shaman and we’re going to a sacred place in Limerick at 4am to praise Aine and have a spiritual moment together

1 Like

Some of the best posts I’ve ever read on TFK there. Fair play to ye lads.

I know I let my old lad down in my younger days, drinking too much, dropping out of college etc but he never relayed his disappointment to me and would still have my back. Like most Irish dads, the love is there but it is unspoken

3 Likes

Alright Sham man

1 Like

I’ve theres no yokes out here sham, I’ll wreck the place kid

Lovely posts lads. Jesus I’m emotional reading them. I’m stone mad about my Dad, but we’d both probably get fierce embarrassed if we expressed that.

@TheUlteriorMotive thinking of you and your family at this time

2 Likes

Make sure to talk to the prior generation and say thanks if it is due.

My father died when we were quite young. Four uncles across both sides of the family did a lot for us. Two have died and I was happy to have got to them in good time. I wrote the piece for Ger Canning to call over for the minutes silence before a Munster final for one which is a fond memory.

15 Likes

I mentioned it to him and he said Cork moved Ring out to midfield that day and Galway should never have moved Burke out after him :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

When you get your big break on Late Late Show And drink 12 pints

1.50 sums it up

6 Likes