Things that continue to be right…or things that float your 🐐

Don’t go near that one myself, it’s contagious.

Gamechanger

Inter county GAA is back this weekend.

Discussion of best ever guitar players is likely to wane now, one suspects.

1 Like

I assume they settled on Christy Moore as the best?

Has any answer ever been settled on, on tfk?

Paul Brady

2 Likes

There was a great show on him on TG4 on Sunday night. I’m sure it was a repeat.

From Ian Dury’s wiki

7 Likes

in fairness to stilgoe

Stilgoe is also notable for his charitable work and fundraising. In the 1980s he founded the Alchemy Foundation which is funded from his royalties from the American productions of Starlight Express and The Phantom of the Opera .[2] He is patron of the Surrey Care Trust in Woking. In the late 1990s he founded the Orpheus Centre which offers performing arts experiences to young people with disabilities.[3] In 2012, Stilgoe was knighted in the Queen’s Birthday Honours for his extensive charitable work.

Uninstalling the Irish Times App from my phone.

I no longer receive multiple daily proactive alerts on my phone with constant negativity and fear mongering.

3 Likes

Would you not just turn off the alerts?

3 Likes

stop reading una mulally

I don’t have a sub so could only read a couple of articles. I used it mainly for breaking news alerts but realised I was getting notified about a bunch of opinion pieces every day that were always negative.

1 Like

How will I know whether to prepare for Christmas :confused:

1 Like

thats a headscratcher alright, sure you never know when christmas is going to arrive

A nice little story lads

2 Likes

It’s a heartwarming little tale in fairness. A wedding night tale (told by myself the day of one of the lads wedding days) springs to mind…

They’re in the wedding suite, she’s in her night attire, on her knees at the bedside.
He rambles in from the jacks, less formally attired and asks “Whaddya doing there”
“Praying for guidance” is the response.

“If I were you love I’d pray for stiffness, I’ll manage the guidance”.

I’ll get my coat…

24 Likes

You may leave your coat :laughing:

DIY SOS on RTE.

2 Likes

A fair tough watch