Things that continue to be right…or things that float your 🐐

Great to see the progress. Wait until we all arrive for the housewarming

2 Likes

so from now on when you have one of your “incidents”, herself will send you to galway, instead of coventry :smiley:

2 Likes

I dunno mate.

1 Like

I read it in a book
Americans could fix it
So that they could float a house
Down heavy rivers and control it
Then hoist it up on other land
And everything would be, as quiet that first evening
As the steadiest before
But our house is made of quarry stones
And mortar rich as muck
Brave block stones brought from Mayo in a truck
And it’s not going sailing
It’s far too well endeared
To this wet blowing field
And to all our neighbours’ dreams

4 Likes

Beautiful and true.

The blocklayer took the photos and is also the digger driver and laying the concrete. He’s like Galway at sport. Excellent at everything.

But he won’t turn up when it matters, and his brother was better only for the drink.

I think I had 30 grand spent by the time my raft was done. The joys of it.

2 Likes

I’m kinda jealous. I love a building project.
Keep the progress pixs coming :+1:

1 Like

Usually depends on the ground.Id normally build 4 inch block on edge and fill in the cavity with concrete.A Quinnlite block is used on the first course on the inside wall to stop cold bridging, pure overkill but Shure that’s the way it is now.

Irrespective of ground conditions, it’s all raft in Galway for the last 20 years anyway. Not a massive different in cost when you consider the sub floor is in with it.

The lengths people are going to eliminate cold bridging is ridiculous these days. Fellas putting in plastic wall ties etc

1 Like

Someone from Kilmalock works in an office?

It’s fuckin laughable alright.

They needed rock breakers in anyway. Site prep cost more than your raft.

Mrs J just asked if i might think about not playing football this evening and if i would think about going for pints instead…

2 Likes

You must have her head wrecked. Win win anyway

She’s going away for the night tomorrow night. Her exact words were ‘well if you have a few pints tonight you wont have the goo tomorrow…’ she’s afraid I’ll have half the neighbourhood in…
She knows me so well.

2 Likes

She’s sick of him coming home made shite of, or bitching an moaning for days on end about some fella who left one on him.

What’s on tomorrow?

Its A Trap Movie GIF by Star Wars

3 Likes

No judge Nolan