Things that continue to be right…or things that float your 🐐

You are shameless

Ex NI athlete got it for me cc @TheUlteriorMotive

1 Like

I’ve had two walks on former landfill dumps in the last couple of days both converted into nature parks. Tramore and Kilbarry. Well done Waterford City and County Council ! :clap::clap:

8 Likes

PS you say shameless, but it costs 100 dollars for chemotherapy apparently for the kids in Tanzania. The charity has raised the survival rate from 10% of children to 50% of children. It’s also built a school as they are there for a year. I was actually shown it when I was in Tanzania last year because it’s run by an Irish children’s doctor and it is amazing. Two years ago when they ran the first fundraiser there was a lad dragged along by his wife who runs a furniture place in Galway, I’ll find out the name because I don’t want to get it wrong, but he went up to the doctor and asked was there anything she needed. She said they needed children’s beds, and he ordered shipped and paid for, including customs bribes etc and the absolute hassle of the shipping, 50 children’s beds.
This year the owner of aerogen, who is apparently a moycullen man, is paying the costs , running to tens of thousands, for the entire thing (it’s in the galmont), so that all the money goes to the charity, which is divided this year between that and a children’s emergency centre in Gaza (if Israel don’t blow that up also).
So yes, I’m a cheeky fucker, and I’m asking everyone I know for good auction prizes, but everyone wins. It costs people nothing to sign a jersey (my cuz paid for the city shirt and the framing, and is donating two killers tickets in manc which we can put together as an auction prize), and a really great friend who I’d asked if he could get Sonya to sign something came up with the Usain Bolt jersey out of the blue via another Irish athlete whose sister works with his agent, and has a Ciara Magean top, and she’s going to do a video for it.
People are so generous it’d make you want to cry sometimes.
Sourcing year appropriate jerseys was the only hassle I had otherwise.

22 Likes

I was t doubting your charitable nature mate, never could never would

1 Like

The Usain Bolt top was completely out of the blue, and we’ll get them all framed. Jurgen Klopp Liverpool one and a personalized Kenny Dalgleish Liverpool one.
Was offered an Arsenal one as well but don’t want to overdo the choke if you see what I mean.

1 Like

So that’s Usain Bolt’s signature. Never knew.
Fair play!

1 Like

Via Ricky Simms?

No, dod’s sister.

1 Like

Passed this earlier. Life affirming. Lots of smiles and tricolours being waved by our newest citizens. We’re a great country really.

https://twitter.com/merrionstreet/status/1762076691092975734?s=46&t=K27wQ5SlUD1o1nD3wyFPgA

11 Likes

These are lovely events. Passed one in the Convention Centre a while ago. Life affirmed.

2 Likes

Looks fairly full.

3 Likes

Someone pick @myboyblue up off the basement floor.

1 Like

I think attendance is more or less cumpolsary. It is in Australia anyway.
Copied this from the gov.ie website.

The figure of 175,000 includes the attendees at the February Ceremonies & applicants who received citizenship via the Declaration process introduced in response to the COVID pandemic, as well as minors who are not required to attend a Ceremony.

Order Top 10 Nationalities # Applicants

1 India 243

2 Brazil 99

3 United Kingdom 81

4 Romania 76

5 Philippines 74

6 Poland 61

7 Pakistan 59

8 Nigeria 56

9 China (Including Hong Kong) 52

10 United States Of America 35

1 Like

I was joking mate, it was a play on the “Ireland is full” whackjobs.

The comments in that tweet are horrific. The sheer hatred of anyone who isnt irish like them. Without knowing a single thing they are happy to share their disgust at people getting citizenship of this country. Horrible, horrible fucking cunts. Twitter is a nawful fucking place full of horrible people, so I hope that those commenting there are a significant minority of those with that veiwpoint. However, it seems that sort of viewpoint is ever increasing and getting worse.

15 Likes

@flattythehurdler would you ever update the crossword thread?
@myboyblue is looking for a cryptic challenge.

It’s a good example of how Twitter attracts loons and crackpots. I walked by and the queue for second ceremony even bigger and there’s just goodwill in the air and from general passersby.

The vast majority are going into the health care sector, I’d say.
They’ll be glad of their services one day…