Things that continue to be right…or things that float your 🐐

You’d get parking handy enough at the Phibsboro end of any of those roads down to Croker.

1 Like

Plenty of the lockhard merchants up there too to scalp ya.

1 Like

Never encountered one where I park but it’s more Drumcondra than Phibsboro

1 Like

So I’ve just spent the last half hour chatting with the mother in law about this. They’ve walked spencer dock to ashtown on the canal. Said it was great but no benches to sit on to eat her sambos. Spencer dock to cloondara in longford via the canal by bike is about seven and a half hours by bike according to google. Id say a fair bit more to be honest. Gonna do it this summer.

1 Like

You’ve done an amazing job there of not answering the very simple question you were asked an answering a complete seperate and very pointless follow up

7 Likes

Great. Could tell her that I wasn’t planning on parking in Longford

2 Likes

The gaffs around mountjoy usually good

I like walking though, and that sounds a nice walk along the river or canal.

I dunno mate. I thought it was pretty clear. You can walk all the way from spencer dock to longford so yes, he can park and walk along the canal to croker.

He asked about parking, not about Longford

1 Like

He asked about walking the canal. I confirmed he could.

I’m going to Longford today but I think I’ll just drive

4 Likes

He never mentioned the canal!

Is there a canal in Longford,?

Yoyre right on that, but others clarified it as the canal being the waterway you can walk along so i went with that. @flattythehurdler you can park your car in finglas and not really follow the river to croker and then get a train back to galway cos the motor wont be where you left it. Happy now @Mac ?

2 Likes

I asked about both actually. For some reason your mother in law recommened parking in Longford.
I was hoping for a recommendation of somewhere safe to park (I don’t mind paying) and then a half hour or so of a walk by the river. You mentioned the tolka, which looks to run close to croke park, but I’ve always wanted to go to the gravediggers anyhow. Would be a lovely day.

Hmmmm. Myself and the mother in law were talking about the walk. Not you or your motor. I clarified the bit of canal was where your wish was possible, was in fact lovely but it didn’t have a decent place to sit down and eat your sandwiches out of the tinfoil, a roaster prerequisite.
The tolka does run close to croke park, but much of it runs through private land. The stretch from griffith park to botanic gardens is about 15 mins walking then it disappears in behind private land till you’re out the park at the back of finglas.

Didn’t you lose a hired car near Croker?

The river basically runs parallel to you if you turn down at Fagans but don’t park on that stretch as the clampers always hit it. The GraveDiggers and the river are probably two separate routes if you want to go to Croke Park. Always loads of roasters parking up by the main entrance to Glasnevin as that road brings you back out onto the M50. If you park up there you could easily incorporate the Gravediggers on your walk to Croker. Or else park at the top of Iona Road and it’s a small detour back towards the Gravediggers.

2 Likes

We did. We “lost” it.

1 Like