Things that continue to be right…or things that float your 🐐

That’s gas, I’ve come across that lad in the station in Portlaoise, he was rattling off the timetables to random people.

2 Likes

I’ve a feeling they are not going anywhere. Just on the train to keep him entertained.

1 Like

Mrs ccha works with such kids. Having so little experience of it myself, I am amazed by the similar stories she can tell about what can engage or trigger the kids.

2 Likes

I’d say you could be right there, I was going back to Limerick and he went over the other side to go to Dublin and was giving his mam loads of it!

1 Like

He’s after putting on an orange high viz irish rail bib and a wooly irish rail hat. This has the feel of a well worn routine.

2 Likes

What on earth were you doing in claremorris? My pal drives through there wance a week and says there doesn’t even appear to be anywhere large and anonymous to stop for coffee.

The only thing that takes many of us to the places we go. The love of a good woman.

1 Like

What @myboyblue said. The missus is from Cong. Right on the Galway border. I don’t know Claremorris well but it seems to be doing ok. Llots of the closed shops are reopened

:clap:

Lovely story.

My wife’s parents, and extended family, are from around the Clsremorris, Ballyhaunis, Knock and Kiltimagh area.

Not the worst places in the world by any means.

1 Like

That’s where they made “The Quiet Man” isn’t it

1 Like

It is. The locals are cheerfully milking it since

6 Likes

Not at all. And the people are lovely. My pal greatly likes them and thinks Mayo is fantastic. Just a strange place for a dub.
He does wish there was somewhere other than supermacs in ballindine to stop though.

Did you get married in Ashford Castle?

Special rate for locals?

Good to hear. I worked there a while back in the day when it was a busy place. It went downhill for a long time and I was saddened to see great places closed. Good people down there, had great craic in it.

1 Like

Not special enough I’m afraid!

4 Likes

Fans call on Irish Gov to buy Rory Gallagher’s iconic Strat guitar as it goes on sale https://www.corkbeo.ie/news/local-news/fans-call-irish-gov-buy-29500984

I actually agree with this. Should be on display as a piece of Irish heritage

The Carkies looking for the state to buy the guitar from……his family

Surely the people of Cark could club together to buy it.

1 Like

Someone should.
Itll end up with Joe bonamassa or some cubt from Google.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1811400751131840874

5 Likes