Things that make you realise you are getting old

Sensible bastard id say. From my August perspective these days, it seems pointless to run all that way for what usually transpires to be a bit of jostling.
An eminently sensible and practical truce.
Sure if it really kicked off, ye could have happily lamped the shit out of each other on the spot.

sensible stuff from @Kid Chocolate no point in wasting depleting sources of energy.

[QUOTE=“flattythehurdler, post: 1133155, member: 1170”]Sensible bastard id say. From my August perspective these days, it seems pointless to run all that way for what usually transpires to be a bit of jostling.
An eminently sensible and practical truce.
Sure if it really kicked off, ye could have happily lamped the shit out of each other on the spot.[/QUOTE]

In your August perspective??

Bonked at 17 in the Limerick marathon today. Normally happens around 22. Was not a pretty last 9 miles.

Fair play mate. Warm day for it.

Yeah and I went home and had a chicken curry, four mugs of tay and a few cans watching the snooker and the football.

Having a serious conversation with a group of alright sorts about football yesterday, when the subject of great players and great teams came up.
The mention of Sean Purcell and the great Galway team of the early 60’s came up and I added my opinion. This drew a modicum of scorn from some, supplemented by comments like
“Fuck off Boxty, shur yer’ hardly more than the low 60’s - yer’ bluffing”… I was forced back to my default position (the 1956 football final) before bringing the house down with tales of ribaldry, experiences, great guys and great days culminating with the great day in 94 in the Hyde.

Lads worrying about eyebrow trims wouldn’t concern me in the least. A constant diet is the answer. Boxty Mór swore by the 3 P’s (Porridge, Potatoes and Powers) .
He failed to reach 95 by a week - died when he couldn’t stop it…
Ye’ have fuck all to be worrying about…:pint:

2 Likes

The 3 Ps :slight_smile:

David Beckham turned 40 the other day. Fucking hell.

Angelo Di Livio’s son made his debut for Roma today.

Making a cool runnings related joke at training and most of the team not having a clue what you are on about

4 Likes

Daniele De Rossi turns 33 this summer.

He was one of the best midfielders in the world around 07-09, seem to stagnate and regress after that disappointingly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6sSuwku8Q

He was better as a skinhead though.

These days when the weather is sunny instead of thinking about mots, I’m thinking of getting home quickly to hang out the washing. It would be an awful shame to waste good drying weather so it would. Fucking sad but there you go. To quote Tommy tiernan “I’m down to one horn a day”.

3 Likes

Gimp

1 Like

How about you go fuck yourself?

Who’s that in your profiler?

This is a most helpful development @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy. Finally I can put a face to the name.

Young lads outside your house throwing around a Rugby ball slightly annoying…

Could be the the code, but there’s definitely a getting auld feel about it. :eek:

You have been away too long if you dont know

2 Likes

Clearly. So who is it?