Things that make you realise you are getting old

Irelands joe dimaggio

Going a bit grey on the back and sides.

Haircut awhile ago sorted that though for another while.

Realising its 25 years since this was around

4 Likes

The money being spent on players transfers in the EPL.

Annoying me this year in particular more then ever before…definite sign.

Seeing people in their early 60’s dying & realizing that I’m well over half way to that age.

ive fell out with it id say 5 years now. motd and a a few of the big games and thats all id watch. im becoming a grumpy auld bollix

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind if the quality was there, but it isn’t imo pal.

Talking to a lad today…massive football fan…good playier, playing Junior soccer in Limerick and he was giving out as well…think it’s auld age…but in fairness we’re not the seeing the likes of Denis Bergkamp type transfers anymore, serious game changers you know…a player to get excited about to watch you know.

You nearly would’nt blame Wenger for keeping the money…the talent is so scarce and overpriced now.

Berkamp and Zola are my 2 favorite “foreigners” pure brilliance. this goal in the wc v argies is probably my favorite berkamp goal, the pressure with the time of the game that it was, unreal.

https://youtu.be/XsZkCFoqSBs
edit, some pass

1 Like

When you get an invitation to a reunion to celebrate the 50th anniversary of winning the Championship in 1966.

Not in Leitrim either I might add. Good research by the club in fairness.

14 Likes

When you feel like your parents disciplining your kids.

It’s mad how that works…

2 Likes

In fairness @anon67715551 you’re more a man to celebrate your age than wallow in melancholy. Get out there and make more stories for us.

I was at the weightlifting club yesterday, and was finishing my maximum weight clean and jerk , when a young lady came in and started her set on my weight, proceeded to double it with ease, and said she wasn’t going any heavier as she was taking it easy.

Edit, actually it was 50% heavier.

1 Like

Take that to the things that make you realise you are a bespectacled weakling thread.

3 Likes

Ah that’s briilant Boxty. You must have only been a gasun

Indeed. I have my specs on as I write.

Did she grab your pussy?

2 Likes

Did she have a nice snatch?

2 Likes

Will you have to wear the same disguise for the reunion as you did playing the match ?

1 Like

Won a cup in the hurling last sunday and drank 8 or 9 pints after the match. My body felt like I had been in a serious car accident on Monday.

Getting too old for this shit

1 Like

What age are you?