Things that make you realise you are getting old

Late 40s by the sounds of it

Looking at a young wans arse in a pub only to find out she’s the daughter of an ex of yours.

3 Likes

30 and I gave up drinking to excess for the most part a couple of years back

it’s all downhill from 30 on drink tolerance wise. Don’t resurrect the excessive drinking career whatever you do.

1 Like

She out jerked me comfortably.

3 Likes

I’d describe her snatch as awesome.

1 Like

Yeah but you know you’re getting old when it’s easier to think about her snatch than to get up on it cos it’s too much like hard work

She would broken me. She was actually very nice. Turns out she finished second in Britain in her group but I’m not sure whether that was age or weight or both. She watched me lift a bit and gave me a good few pointers, many of which involved her demonstrating with her bar which she was lifting about three yards in front of me and facing me. It was great, but embarrassing as every time she bent over to demo how I should be lifting, I had no option but to watch as she demonstrated her cleavage. I really knew I was old as I was embarrassed rather than titillated.
There is something really really nice when someone who is really good at something takes a few minutes to help out some broken down old never was.
The club is awesome that way. Only joined a month ago and it’s brilliant. It’s only Olympic lifting they do, proper competition level.

5 Likes

Nail n the head almost. There’s or there was a technicality with the official team list iirc. In fairness everybody held the line.
Different times and all that.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

In further news on this momentous occasion I phoned the 1st. name on the club letterhead/invitation to seek out accommodation facilities and other issues to be met with a mildly abrasive grumble of "WHO"

I calmly affirmed to him the nature of my request and relevance to the occasion that I was inquiring about, to be greeted with a summary appraisal that went thus:

"Yon’ Leitrim hoor that pulled us outa’ the fire in the dying deaths - yis’ will stop with us here in the house"…

A 20 minute conversation confirmed, by luck, he has a wheelchair adapted residence with all facilities, no longer being used and fully understands the situation. It’ll be a blast he assures me…:pint:

It goes to show that whatever the likes of (insert poster) the GAA are top drawer on all occasions.

Actually, given the nature of the situation, I’m quite humbled.

22 Likes

:clap:

1 Like

Are you bringing Nan?

Depending on back-up at home really. The more I think about it the whole thing appears unsuitable for us.

Great point actually Fagan.

You should definitely go.

1 Like

You should definitely definitely go.

The more I think about it now, the more unlikely it seems. No fault to Nanny but it isn’t workable really.
I luckily got approached/fell in and the rest is history. There was some (mild) legitimacy to the transfer.

On my scale of 1-10 of lifes misdomeanouers it’s about a 2.

Meanwhile Nanny is on a birthday blast in Powerscourt with her children. Birthday job…

2 Likes
2 Likes

Youngfellas obsessing over a person’s username.

Listening to some radio show yesterday and they were talking about celebrity ages. The host asked " How old done you think Tom Selleck is ?" To which the answer was “Whose he? I never heard of him”

Who’s