Things you aren't good at

:smile:

Touchee::wink:

Only joking bud

I know chief

Yurt @iron_mike :+1:

Shifting furniture downstairs. Just moved a bookcase down the stairs by myself. Got it all down successfully except it’s in about 40 pieces how and there’s a big gash on the wooden floor and a few chips out of the banister.

Was all fine until the left hand turn. But I even got the first bit wrong in retrospect. I stood down the steps from it and titled it forward towards me. That was fine for the first run of 5 steps but for the next 15 it went horribly wrong. It was too heavy and it was trying to flip over on top of itself. I held it back for a good 20 seconds but it slipped a step then and just came crashing down.

3 Likes

Should have taken the books out of it first

6 Likes

Or called over the father in law

1 Like

Why didn’t you slide it down as a matter of interest?

That’s kind of what I was trying but I realised afterward how I should have said it. It’s taller than it is wide and I should have laid it down lengthways and slid it like that. I tried to do that upright but with it tilting forwards towards me instead of lying it down away from me. And it was just too imbalanced to hold. Lesson learned.

If you weren’t allergic to speaking to people on the phone you could have called someone and asked for some help.

Flying kites.

This pups never gonna fly.

1 Like

Rocko is a woman :eek:

The trump surrogates on here such as labane and tim riggers aren’t good at wumming their hero.

Today’s life lesson comes in the art of skip filling.

Got a skip bag earlier from woodies. The 1.5 tonne size. Spent the afternoon filling it. Mostly crap from the garage and the garden and the bookcase I broke the other day and lots of shit. Anyway I filled it right up, above the permitted line but I think that’s generally allowed.

Finished up just there because it’s dark. Back in through the garage and went to shut the door for the night only I can’t because I’m after filling the fucking skip right in front of the garage door and I’ve left no room for it to close. I’m shoving away at the skip bag now but it will be an absolute cunt of a job to move it.

9 Likes

Father in law again I’d say

Why do you insist on doing these menial labor tasks that are obviously beyond your abilities on your own? They are the perfect opportunity to invite around a few friends, have a few beers while discussing the tactics involved, before charging headlong into the work (if the work ever starts). Strange behavior, and definitely an urban thing.

3 Likes

Stop before you put your back out, mate.

1 Like

Tie a rope around the bag and secure it to your dog. Dogs can pull anything.

1 Like

the pretend ira lads would be great at that kind of thing

2 Likes