Tipperary GAA 2014

[quote=“downyourthroats, post: 908771, member: 1497”]Its a shame really. They just don’t understand the game the way we do in Tipperary. Even the bould Eddie Keher is envious.

“I always had a love of Tipperary, their hurling, the Tipperary followers’ attitude to the game, their authoritative reading of the game and assessment of players.” -Eddie Keher

#Tipperary #Kings[/quote]

It’s truly a privilege to be a Tipperary person. No outsider will ever understand.

Whatever about the travel, its still a competition that is hard won. The strengths of Drom & Inch and Thurles Sarsfields are highlighted too having teams in the competition.

Moycarkey and Holycross also Senior clubs represented at this level by their second teams.

Yes, but they are hardly rated as serious Senior Championship contenders.

:clap:

Haters are our motivators

Haters are our motivators[/quote]
You need a chat with yourself if you think Petey is one of us. #beware

Just another wannabe Tipp man? By an accident of Geography, he’ll never quite have that self esteem that comes so naturally to us.

Fuck sake lads. I thought we were county men. Maybe I’m moving a bit too fast for you guys so I suppose I kind of understand your trepidation but please don’t discount my earnesty.

Holycross won the Junior B last year as well, that’s fair going for a rural club to field at Senior,Intermediate and Junior A.

Suppose so.
But Drom & Inch for example last year had a Senior, Intermediate & Junior A hurling team ( reached county semi final ) & a Junior A Football County title winning side. That club have an unbelievable amount of team competing in different grades with a pick similar to that of Holycross.

[quote=“carryharry, post: 908826, member: 1517”]Suppose so.
But Drom & Inch for example last year had a Senior, Intermediate & Junior A hurling team ( reached county semi final ) & a Junior A Football County title winning side. That club have an unbelievable amount of team competing in different grades with a pick similar to that of Holycross.[/quote]

That shouldn’t detract from Holycross achievement.
Neighbouring parish CH?
Moycarkey won the Intermediate in 1985 with their 2nd team by the way.

Senior Football Championship Draw

Group 1 – Aherlow, Kilsheelan-Kilcash, Galtee Rovers, Fethard.

Group 2 – Clonmel Commercials, Arravale Rovers, Moyne-Templetuohy, Cahir, Clonmel Og

Group 3 – Loughmore-Castleiney, Thomas MacDonaghs, Ardfinnan, JK Brackens, Ballyporeen

Group 4 – Moyle Rovers, Eire Og Annacarty, Moycarkey-Borris, Killenaule

All the big names safely avoided each other.

[quote=“downyourthroats, post: 908771, member: 1497”]Its a shame really. They just don’t understand the game the way we do in Tipperary. Even the bould Eddie Keher is envious.

“I always had a love of Tipperary, their hurling, the Tipperary followers’ attitude to the game, their authoritative reading of the game and assessment of players.” -Eddie Keher

#Tipperary #Kings[/quote]
Will somebody please fill in this monumental ape re Kehir

[quote=“Mullach Ide, post: 908833, member: 141”]Senior Football Championship Draw

Group 1 – Aherlow, Kilsheelan-Kilcash, Galtee Rovers, Fethard.

Group 2 – Clonmel Commercials, Arravale Rovers, Moyne-Templetuohy, Cahir, Clonmel Og

Group 3 – Loughmore-Castleiney, Thomas MacDonaghs, Ardfinnan, JK Brackens, Ballyporeen

Group 4 – Moyle Rovers, Eire Og Annacarty, Moycarkey-Borris, Killenaule[/quote]

who are clonmel og? Are there 3 clubs in Clonmel? Commercials, Clonmel Og and Moyle Rovers

Clonmel Town club as are Commercials. Moyle Rovers are more rural based around Lisronagh & touch out as far as Fethard area.

You cannot argue with Keher’s assessment of the Tipperary hurling public.

He was badly exposed. By Kid Chocolate of all people. Time to retire the keyboard.

As Carryharry said although Powerstown which is a joint parish with Lisronagh and goes to the edges of the town also forms part of Moyle Rovers, also out the Cahir road. Marlfield could also be deemed a Clonmel club, they were a Senior Hurling club in the 1950’s and 60’s when Theo English hurled with them.

Group 2 would be considered the Group of death. I believe Kilsheelan have been doing some recruiting over the winter and could be dark horses.