Tipperary Gaa 2017

Sorry Brendan but I don’t think you’re suitable for Tipperary hurling.

I believe sentencing proceeded for Darren and it’s a three and a half year suspended sentence.

What lies are you referring to?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/allireland-winning-tipperary-hurler-avoids-jail-after-admitting-he-obtained-10k-by-deception-from-elderly-man-35870558.html

Michael Ryan had an ideal opportunity to get rid of Gleeson last Winter and for whatever reason blew it.

He can still do the right thing by removing Gleeson from the panel today but I don’t think he has it in him to do it.

1 Like

Why, he has been held to account by the law. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance.

2 Likes

He has paid his debt to society.

2 Likes

Someone did anyway

4 Likes

John 8:7

Convicted criminals have no business lining out for Tipperary in Championship

When I think of the class of tramp that Tipp have line out for them over the years, it would put him in the halfpenny place.

11 Likes

He should go in to politics. With his form he would have a great chance of topping the poll.

1 Like

Or the €10k place.teehee.
Most of those so called tramps have AI medals buddy, which is more than can be said for the Galway stepford wives. Maybe if ye had a few lunatics and lads with fight ye would have won a final this century.

1 Like

Oooft.

1 Like

Getting the charge reduced from 60k to 10k , was key to him getting a suspended sentence

I hear what you’re saying Brimmer, but how do Cork & KK manage without this class of individual.

From a few lads playing the club scene, their view is that it is in a very healthy state in terms of quality. Yes there are a few exceptions and mismatches but it seems to be improving. I’ve been at a few games this year and they were good.

The problem is Ryan picked a panel last year to beat KK with which he ultimately succeeded. It was a platoon of huge men. Dan McC and Breen the only ones that really have made the 15. There are a few monsters of men on panel like Hamill, O Brien, Quirke who have offered very little and are taking the place of smaller skilful lads like the ones that Cork have brought in. Stephen Cahill and Tom Fox are left in the shadows

2 Likes

Michael Ryan needs to swallow his pride and put Tom Fox in at number 5 for next Saturday. I don’t think he will.

FWIW my team for Saturday.

1. Mooney
  2. Joe O’Dwyer
  3. Barry
  4. Flynn
  5. Fox
  6. Ronan Maher
  7. Padraic Maher
  8. Brendan Maher
  9. Kennedy
  10. McCormack
  11. Patrick Maher
  12. Niall O’Meara
  13. Noel McGrath
  14. Seamus Callanan
  15. John McGrath

Bubbles and Breen in reserve.

The strength of the Tipp panel was so overhyped in the Spring it’s untrue

Agree. Billy McCarthy brought in as well recently apparently when his clubmate Stephen Cahill is twice the hurler he is. Not sure what the story is with Fox, always really impressive underage. Destroyed Tom Morrissey of Limerick in the u21 game last year and this year they couldn’t handle him