Tipperary GAA 2018

I like that midfield.
Kelly and Galvin will need lads that can stay with them.
A pacy man has often kept Kelly quiet.

I think we saw yesterday why Paudie can’t play full back on the two goals

2 Likes

Conlon played corner forward by right against Waterford, O’Donnell was full to begin with and Conlon and McGrath played deeper early on to crowd De Burca. Conlon drifted into the middle for the two goals and won high ball over Fives

Kelly played centre forward with Malone midfield. Assume Clare will look to do something similar with Duggan wing forward and Conlon in the corner. O’Donnell on Kennedy would be a match up which would suit and Conlon on O’Brien or Barrett would be to Conlon’s favour you would think.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Tipp got Barrett to man mark Kelly and put Padraig Maher on Duggan early.

Wasn’t it Duggan who roasted Seamus Kennedy last year? Clare might be missing a trick if they don’t land him in at full forward

He was in a cast yesterday

1 Like

Tipp Team v Clare: Hogan OBrien Kennedy D Maher ODwyer P Maher B Maher R Maher Barrett McCormack P Maher McCarthy Callanan Forde J McGrat
Full back line could get destroyed

1 Like

Big ask now asking for a good scoring return from that HF line.

Noel’s tank empty?

Seems thick enough to take Billy McCarthy out of midfield where he was going well to put him back in the half forward line where he was poor

The full back line could potentially get an awful roasting, hope not but just saying.

1 Like

Agree to an extent, I thought he was average last week as the pace of the WD MF combo was a tough task for him.

Now I think Church & Co are taking direct aim at the Clare HB line and we will see Hogan raining ball after ball on top of them. With McCarthy, Bonnar & Dan we have big physical men there to compete.

Is Barrett there to follow Kelly I wonder or is Kelly even playing midfield for them?

Tbh, if he is then that means Ronan has to follow Galvin which isn’t easier.

McCarthy possibly draw back as a quasi third midfielder ?

Was about to post the same.Hogans ball will be dropping into Dan & Billy. It’s easy to change if it’s not working out.

Maybe.
Anyone have any update on Paudie’s injury? I’m hearing he won’t start.

Mick doesn’t do tactics

1 Like

True that.
Bubbles, Noel and young Morris all decent options from bench late on

I’m really surprised young Browne hasn’t seen more time as he is lightning quick over the ground. Seems strange he’s still in there & getting match day Jerseys if they don’t trust him to do a job considering the run of games.