Tipperary GAA 2021

2 Likes

Hotpoint is back!

All bets are off . Limerick fear Tipp

The Holycross kids keeping the peace. :rofl:

1 Like

As an aside , I had the pleasure of being in Donie’s company a few months ago. He was working in Birmingham and saw that the county final was on so rambled out to the Pairc where he watched the match. I got chatting to him afterwards where he remarked that the “standard wasn’t bad and he was impressed with the new plans for the place.” A sound unassuming man.

You might say a twee encounter but isn’t that what the GAA is about?

7 Likes

Ah thats what its all about there. Homework for the losers as well hopefully.

1 Like

Donie is an absolute gentleman. The only time I was ever in Killenaule in my life I was in his house.

2 Likes

My Drom source:

"It’s hard to shout for a whingey, moany, inbred shower of cunts like Loughmore but I suppose at the end of the day I’m ‘Anyone But Sars’ "

1 Like

Loughmore are known as “The Taliban” in Mid Tipp.

Now a fair bit of that is jealousy pure and simple but they are renowned for their boardroom politics, fixing games when they suit, selecting venues (Templetuohy usually) etc.

They are also notoriously sore losers.

Drom had an issue over an incident going down the tunnel at half time in the 2012 County Semi Final but I thought they’d have got over that by now.

Woefully sore

I saw this at first hand when I was at the game in Holycross a few years ago where Drom beat them by a point after the ref played no injury time, knocking them out of the championship.

From that day, I could see that they were constantly in the ear of the referee during the game also, the nice boy McGrath contingent in particular

I was there too and they didn’t take it well at all.

Poor Johnny Ryan locked out of the dressing room then.

The McGrath’s are great referees particularly in football.

All in all though you can’t but admire them.

It’s not a proper county final without a north team in it.

Remember the day we played them in football and the current county PRO acted the tramp on the line? Fish hooked one of our lads. There’s an element alright but what successful team is holier than though? Their pick and success with the same lads is to be admired.

1 Like

That pissant from Templetouhy? Ye must be a very soft crowd if ye let him away with that.

Skeheen win junior, Moyne win intermediate, Lorrha relegated to intermediate

Moyne win handy? Thought K/K would give them a rattle

No only a point in it. Good game I’d say.

Whoever lost today was going to be sickened I’d say because Lorrha should be very strong coming down.

Went to see the club’s last ever under 21 game today.

I know i have been very critical of underage hurling but this was great stuff. You really get the ridiculous and the sublime when you mix lads who have been playing Senior Hurling for 3 or 4 years playing along side lads who mightnt really play much at all but want to have one last go playing with their friends.

Such a pity that for anyone aged 19 or 20, that’s the end of their underage hurling career.

5 Likes

4 Likes