Tipperary GAA 2021

The Ronatron is manager and OK is coach. Hopper is a selector.

1 Like

Are they generally an old team? seems to be the same players on the go for them in both codes for years now.

When say a few McGraths, David Kennedy & Evan Sweeney go.

Do they have much coming through again on underage county teams?

The hopper deserved the promotion after his work with the Junior Bā€™s. Although his brother maintains heā€™s the brains behind it! Good trio in fairness

Ciaran Connolly was MF on the 2019 under 20 team. After that Iā€™m struggling to think of a few more that have played at that level recently.

I think last year there were 7 McGraths. Noel is 31 this year in Dec. John is 27 and Brian is 23. John Meagher is one of the best club players in the county. There is a spirit and game intelligence that is unparalleled amongst other clubs in the county. They rarely panic when losing.

1 Like

Dan and Packie involved as well.

1 Like

This will be interesting

:popcorn:

Things have changed dramatically if that rumour is true. One of the parents involved is an absolute headbanger and has been the main reason previous attempts to solve the issue keep failing.

Drom are apparently fielding a football team so he is going to be unavailable for hurling

Was with Mitchelstown last year, but the rumor was he was doing a year with Mitchelstown and then onto commercials

Isnā€™t there a quirky GAA rule when it comes to intercounty transfers that when transferring back to a club in your home county it has to be to the club you transferred from initially i.e. leaves club A in Tipp to join club B in Cork, wants to transfer back to a club in Tipp so has to be club A, canā€™t transfer to club C in Tipp
Happened a chap in our club a few years back, ended up getting a suspension out of it unless the rule has changed since

There is, or used to be at the very least.

1 Like

Pretty certain youā€™re correct. If you transfer out of your county and want to return, it must be to the club you left from.

Commercials have no hurling team so could he then field for Drom because heā€™s now an isolated player.

:rofl:

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good point actually!

So good it one to take note of in the future

Definitely 5 years ago or so a chap I know got caught on this

I heard their senior hurling manager said to the club not to enter any football team and Moloney was, rightly, out of joint when he heard this.

That man will go far.