Tipperary GAA 2021

Poor Kieran Festy Delaney, the referee, was killed by a car while looking for his dogs last night.

Yeah, just heard it. RIP

An awful tragedy. RIP.

Yeah fierce sad.

:rofl::rofl:

They’ll probably get their way yet. The amount of games which are awarded to one team and not eventually replayed must be miniscule

1 Like

They’ve taken the piss.

3 times ( or more ? ) they’ve looked for a re-fixture and once game was off a good chunk of panel went on the piss thus picking up the virus causing more shit.

Cappawhite to their credit didn’t look for this, West Board have had enough I’d imagine.

1 Like

Statement from CKC via Bookface

Re: West Tipperary U.21 ‘A’ Hurling Final.

As a result of a meeting of the CCCC last night it was decided to award Cappawhite Gaels the West U.21 ‘A’ hurling title.

The Cashel King Cormacs Club had informed the West Board prior to the 19th of December of a number of Covid 19 cases among the Cashel KC U.21 panel and that it was in no position to fulfill the fixture. The game was postponed and rearranged. However the refixture on the 26th did not allow sufficient time for those infected to recover while in the meantime covid numbers increased even further. There was just 10 players available for selection to this point.

Again the board were made aware of the worsening situation among the Cashel KC U.21 panel. During this time all activity among the U.21 group within our club was cancelled with immediate effect. Our club at all times put the Health and Safety our players, coaches and their families, first and foremost. At no point did Cashel KC concede the game but hoped given the seriousness of the situation a refixture of this Final would be made once our U.21 players had made full recoverys.

The Club is deeply disappointed this has not transpired and will be weighing up the options now available to us.

That’s Ryan’s I assume? He’s a big Limerick man alright. Great to see

The West Board (who are usually excellent BTW), have acted a bit hastily here I think.

With the South Final down for this weekend it appears so.

But CKC don’t seem in the statement to be offering a date when they’re good to go.

I hear Foleys in town has closed up shop until new year. The place has been rammed recently & it appears a heap of cases have come back to haunt them.

There’ll be no Club Under 21 games played this weekend.

Everyone seems to have it now.

:open_mouth: I gave the day in there yesterday

RIP….

Fuck Cashel…delighted for them. Horrible shower.

1 Like

I see they’ve appointed big Timmy senior manager

Saw that alright. Some mouthpiece on the line. Met a few Portroe heads recently who were disgusted by their carry on when they played in SOR.

1 Like

They tried to pull a fast one with the first postponement. They asked for a postponement to try get it delayed after the lads suspension was changed to 4 weeks. That wasn’t granted , then the night before the game they said they’d Covid cases. So game off. I wouldn’t doubt that they’ve Covid cases now but it’s very much boy who cried wolf and the West Board have been consistent through the year dealing with teams impacted by Covid.

That said, I can see them appealing and digging their heals in.

3 Likes

I met a cashel head who reported the same about the Portroe crowd. Was also mystified as to how Robert Burns was let near a county team.

Portroe lads are generally regarded as the solid finest.

Byrnes was a joke alright. Solid club player no more. In fairness he had a good game in that 2018 20s final. Conditions suited. I can guarantee you if he was from West Tipp he wouldn’t be near a county panel.