Tipperary GAA 2021

He was under 21 in 2007 too.

Darragh Egans team. Lost to Cork in first round by a point.

1 Like

Don Givens and Fr Brian Dā€™Arcy

Iā€™ve no recollection of that game at all.

Davy Givens is a sound man. A Garda. Heā€™d be good buddies with Clem Smith.

1 Like

Dā€™Arcy a peeler too

Donā€™t know anything about Dā€™Arcy

Whatā€™s age is Darcy? Is he anything the Martin Darcy former Guard and cunt of a ref.

Son

Some of the lads on that CKCā€™s panel appear to be in for a rude awakening.

A right funny man Dā€™Arcy.
Dā€™ARCY!

2 Likes

I was on holidays in Cork at the time so was there. A glorious summerā€™s evening at Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

Tipp had a good mix of the 2006 minors (Pa Bourke, Thomas Stapleton, Joey Mcloughney, Brendan Maher played as an 18 year old, Timmy Dalton scored a goal off the bench) and a fair few of the 2006 under 21 team were still around, Egan, Lillis, Woodlock, Ryan Oā€™Dwyer).

Cork had Cronin, Naughten and Pat Horgan in the forwards.

The standout from my youth of going to matches. One of the real great days.

5 Likes

If ye won it again would it be huge? Does it still have prestige?

Weā€™ve won it three times in our history. They reduced the price of the pint to the 1935 prices that night. The place went bananas. We were in third year and a load of lads came in hungover the next day. Iā€™d say my father never thought heā€™d see the day.

I donā€™t know what it would be like it we did it again. I remember going on the absolute tear for the night when we bate those Kildangan to win county intermediate (they hammered us in north final and thought theyā€™d just have to turn up to bate us but we walked all over the cunts) in 2002, but when we beat Sars second team to win it in 2016, it didnā€™t feel as big. Just got in the car and drove home. Was a real pity didnā€™t make Seamus O Riain final this year. Went very close.

1 Like

Class :joy:

Not sure for how long they did it, but the damage was done :rofl:

The real intermediate final

Ye beat us in QF in 02 on a wet day in Templemore. We thought all we had to do was show up. We had trimmed ye in a challenge earlier in the year. Dinny got the goal to seal it that day. Moylan had a stormer IIRC. He was county class I always felt. Worked abroad a lot I think.

Yeah he spent a little bit of time in NY. That might have just been a summer or two. Played some challenge matches for county, maybe a few league appearances. Some man to take a sideline cut. Never played a bad game for us.

I remember that game well. Weā€™d a lot of young lads playing that day with a smattering of lads getting towards the end of their days