Tipperary GAA 2021

6 Likes

The greatest pitch invasion

2 Likes

Oh to be in that terrace back then. Well never see the likes of it again. Magic

1 Like

I’d settled into the stand over the past few years but I’ll be going terrace when this all blows over.

1 Like

I was in the stand for that. Oh the glory of it.

3 Likes

I was too young for it. I remember watching it with the father and remember being so disappointed I couldn’t go to the all Ireland with him.

1 Like

#MeToo
Also my first experience of Munster hurling and, vividly, the ‘Tipp Tipp Tipp’ chant.

2 Likes

must be up there , there is some lad in the middle of the field in a wheelchair after aidan ryan goal!

The first Munster final memory for me was ‘84 when Ports John Sheedy cost us the game and put another three years on the famine.
Seanie O’Leary broke my young heart that day.

J’accuse!

1 Like

Are thr decisions being scrapped?

The county board got told where to go by the clubs at the conventions when they tried to scrap them the last few years so Croke Park have bailed them out and put it to a vote that only 16 teams at most can compete for the senior title in a county. Getting rid of over a century of divisional championships for the benefit of 3 clubs in the whole county in any given year. Galway seem to be the only county fighting back.

A sad day for Tipperary hurling if it comes off

4 Likes

Divisional championships are a thing of the past. Move with the times. If a team is good enough they will get up senior. Look on the positive, cracking intermediate championship in Tipp now.

Sure we have cracking county championships anyway, doesn’t have anything to do with the divisions. It doesn’t even affect my club anymore but a senior divisional title is a very special thing, it would be the biggest moment in many club’s history

Wouldnt mean a massive amount to Thurles, Clonoulty, Kildangan or Borriseleigh.

Clonoulty maybe but if the West became competitive again it would. Means a lot to the other 3 clubs going by their celebrations on/off pitch after winning them. You haven’t a clue

Borris won a north title in 2018 and drank the village dry. Still very important competitions for 95% of clubs. Serious questions of the board after all of this is done.

The West is a basket case. It isn’t so long ago that Kiladangan were hurling junior. Like the lads on the premierview podcast were saying Loughmore, once there golden generation are aged out, might soon be damn glad of a mid.

2 Likes

Borris won the North in 2017 and drank the place dry.

Kilruane had a “homecoming” when they won in 2018.

Portroe’s win in 2012 has legendary status and Kildangan’s earlier wins in 2008/2013 would have meant the world.

Divisional finals used be played in high summer some time between a Munster Final and All Ireland Semi which gave clubs weeks to bask in the glory before focusing on County Championship matters.

That’s all changed now with them being squeezed in a week before a Co Quarter Final which makes them a nuisance to teams already qualified.

It is what it is I suppose.

1 Like

The Hurler on the ditch made the comparison with Cork who run a 16 round championship between both codes. Could still be done in Tipperary but CB want it done for some reason.

The whole thing stinks.

Ye must have had a fare party when ye stopped Clonoulty’s run

1 Like