Tipperary GAA 2021

It nearly didnā€™t happen.

Kickhams got a goal with last puck to win their semi. Fine crowd at it in Annacarty.

Ger Browne put up a big score for Cashel.

I see Knockavilla have a few Tipp minors. Would have a nice team coming through if them lads had stayed.

Ken angling at sour grapes from Cahill is quite frankly bizarre

Ken Hogan canā€™t do an interview without his own brigade being looked after. A firm part of the current establishment he claimed his own son wasnā€™t starting due to concussion during the league. He gets far too much airtime on Tipp fm and examiner pod. Has some record in club hurling though.

2 Likes

JJ Kennedy is the only true independent hurling pundit left in Tipperary.

1 Like

Hurler on the ditch is looking to take the coin too now

Paddy Stapleton will be very good in time. Currently compromised that heā€™s still club hurling but is good to subtly get a dig in.

JJK is excellent but I feel heā€™s been slightly quieter on our lack of tactics lately. His take that hurling is a simple game to what it was hasnā€™t stood up.

Kennedy is a great judge of a player.

Has been very consistent since 2017 that the young lads coming through under Cahill with the minors/under 20/21 werenā€™t that good when all around him on Tipp FM were talking about our embarrassment of riches.

That is true but heā€™s been proven wrong with the talk of hurling being simple game type stuff.

He had a brilliant recent column where he lambasted people using ā€˜learningsā€™ rather than ā€˜lessonsā€™ and broadened into a lot of wise observations.

1 Like

I attended my first game in Ireland for over 20 months on Tuesday. The West Junior B championship game between Clonoulty and Cappa. It was a classic of genre. I particularly enjoyed the overhead pulling , mishits and sky high puckouts that would get a man killed.

11 Likes

Cappa were woeful.

They both 3rd teams or Cappaā€™s 2nd?

Cappaā€™s second team. As @carryharry said, they were poor. Theyā€™d a scattering of lads who werenā€™t bad but C/R were better all round.

Cappa had some serious underage talent coming through last few years but I heard that half of them have lost interest already and happier playing Junior B than the step above.

Sad for the club as theyā€™re not flush with huge playing numbers anymore.

@peddlerscross or @Fat_Pox would know more about it. Jerry Oā€™Neill going off didnā€™t help them. Everything was going through even. Despite his size heā€™s still a class above at that level.

Ah the fucker was gifted but he never looked after himself. He should have been the player that young lads in the club would aspire to be. Unfortunately he got in terrible shape and his attitude to training would stink the place out. Being the alpha Male in the club that attitude permeated and has left them in their current malaise.

In 2018 Cappa got to a Minor A county final and Under 21 B county final which was some going for a small club, but they havenā€™t kicked on at all and are probably closer to going back Junior A than getting promoted up to Senior B.

Oā€™Neill has some hands in fairness

Ah his hands are sick. The auld boys say his Auld fella was the equals of Fox and Nickey but also didnā€™t gave the attitude to kick on.

Was that Cappa/Treacys or Cappa on their own?

Ah stop heā€™s gifted. Some of the stuff he did in the first half was class. He killed a ball into hand from one of the aforementioned sky high puckouts which was something else. I didnā€™t recognise him in the warm up* such was his size.

*puck around before the game