Tipperary GAA 2021

Cappawhite with maybe 2 from Solohead if I remember rightly.

They got to an under 21 A hurling final joined with Treacy’s in 2015 but lost to a Ronan Maher/Billy McCarthy inspired Thurles Sarsfields.

1 Like

Was the ould lad Eugene?

Ah yes. That’s right. Got my years wrong on that.

Highlight of the game was Declan Ryan shouting in to the CR full back line during the second half , “Shake it up lads, Shake it up.”

2 Likes

No his father was Ger and played in the 80’s.

Pa O’Neill who was dropped as Captain of Tipp by Babs in 1988 would be an uncle I think.

Eugene O’Neill would have played for Tipp in 2001 and another relation. Cousin possibly.

Cappawhite had some team back in the 1980’s and won a County title in 1987. I think they all played League for Tipp at least.

1 Like

Brickey would be another relation? A gas man.

1 Like

Clonoulty Junior B’s had the legendary Joe Hayes as manager last year and now Big Dec.

Some going.

Big Dec and his father Tom involved.

1 Like

Was Dick Martin togged?

He wasn’t. I don’t think he’s been well lately. I must ask the father actually.

1 Like

@caulifloweredneanderthal Next year.

Some good games there over last few days.

That Templederry vs Roscrea sounded like a cracker.

We were leading 2-4 to 0-6 after the first water break :see_no_evil:

I see Joe is still training ye, he must have a gra for the place. He’s there awhile or he’s dropped in and out a few times.

Nenagh must be due their customary saunter to county final and epic choke job again this year. Cc @TheBird

1 Like

A tool of a man

3 Likes

There’ll be no Nayna lads shitting the togs in the stadium this year.

2 Likes

You’ve to get a bit physical with Nenagh to beat them. Is Connie McGrath involved with Newport at all? He’d explain to the young lads what’s involved with the physical stuff.

Connie is a neighbour of ours and a distant relation (2nd cousin of the father’s). A gas man. Don’t think he’s any involvement these days. Himself and his brother Larry used to have the dirtiest shorts in North Tipp in the late 80s, but sure they didn’t get the electricity in until the 90s, not that that changed much tbh

1 Like

Nenagh are a great bunch of lads

They’re good value alright