Tipperary GAA 2021

I have heard it from more than one member of Cahill’s backroom that they are very happy with Waterford and want to stay.

Also there is someone on Twitter tonight absolutely desperate to get a price from bookmakers on Cahill staying with Waterford.

Coolmore coming in as sponsors is the latest rumour

Well that’s it, they aren’t that far away and have had two Covid disrupted campaigns. You would hope they stick with it for another season or two.

I don’t see Waterford winning an all Ireland without a Jason Forde type forward that can get easy snappy points.

Their scores require max effort.

2 Likes

We had that a few days ago

Mea culpa

Slattery’s of Puckane will look lovely across the front of next year’s jersey.

1 Like

I wouldn’t blame Cahill. He was blackguarded when sheedy got in instead of him.

3 Likes

He was treated terribly at the time yeah.

Real amateur hour stuff.

We travelled to play Kiladangan last week and the word amongst the locals at that point was that Egan would be the next Tipp manager with Fanning & Gleeson amongst his backroom. That Cahill wasn’t interested at this point. Now maybe they were just saying that to lead astray the Limerick visitors but it didn’t seem like that.

Gleeson? Conor?

Darren.

A good Tipp bloodline.

One stakelum couple have had a son, grandson and great grandson lift Liam McCarthy. Coolmore could advise on maximising the returns

pardon, of course

1 Like

Id say twill be some meat grinder there till they find the next Galileo. Be shrewd falling in with Tipp for a bit of good PR.

Theyve a good 2yo colt and a good 3yo colt at the minute but they’re not producing at near the same rate compared to the Galileo, Montjeu, Danehill Dancer days.

I’m fierce interested to see what Forde could do in a forward line working for him.

1 Like

I think no matter who is the manager Tipp need to play for Forde. He’s given his whole career playing second fiddle to Callanan.

1 Like

He often played better when Callanan wasn’t on the field. I don’t like his work rate though. In modern more work is required of forwards without the ball and Forde doesn’t seem prepared to do that.

Thought there were glimpses in last couple of years where that workrate has improved.

I never thought Forde was particularly lazy, just fairly slow