Tipperary GAA 2021

There isn’t too many about bud. Do the maths :wink:

Ah fuck off

Same lad who told me was the lad who told me about Sheedy when that wasn’t on the cards three years ago. It’s firmly a plan C option if Cahill doesn’t take it and the CB don’t ratify Donoghue.

I presume Waterford have told Cahill to fuck off

Not yet. But we will when he tells us he is taking the Tipperary job.

2 Likes

Hard to take him back given all the flirting he’s been doing. Go off and get Eddie before he’s gone

I’m not happy with this rumour, so i am

I think we can accept Cahill is not happening.

It’s then a case of whether or not the county board wants to be the first county board to appoint an outsider Tipp hurling manager. The weight of history is on their shoulders.

Cahill may be worrying that if not now, then when.

Maybe he feels with the current landscape of hurling he’s on a hiding to nothing regardless?

You told us yesterday he’d never turn it down

1 Like

There is a scenario where Liam Cahill is managing no team in 2022…

Cahill needs to release a statement here

Go way you bollix and keep Doon out of any discussion on Tipp GAA

Well if you want to play that game you might as well take note of the contribution of the Abbey in Tipp town to the current Limerick set up.

The abbey is at a low ebb with record low numbers translating to poor gaa performances.

It’s hard to see them even entering never mind competing in the harty anytime in the 2020s.

Cashel are playing harty cup this year.

Kiely running Tipp hurling down from within.

2 Likes

TJ Ryan is available and can bring a large retinue with him

4 Likes

You dont want too many schools playing harty. That just dilutes the quality and wont result in schools contending. You need three or four which attracts best players in that area/division.

Cork had the latter for years and it hindered player development rather than enhanced it.

We now have CBC (city), Midleton CBS (east), St Colmans (North). Hamilton High School has potential in the West.

In case of the CBC, CBS and Colmans you have teachers with drive and skillset required, which is supported by senior management team. Without either, you are at nothing.

2 Likes

A Seamus Flanagan inspired West Limerick Colleges outfit followed by a Shane Bennett inspired Blackwater Community School put the Harty Cup notions out of Abbey CBS heads around 9 years ago.