Tipperary GAA 2021

@peddlerscross, for pig iron, which Tipperary player this year is more skilful than their Limerick opposite number?

1 to 7, none there anyway. Midfield who had ye? Maybe Noel McGrath is more skilful that WOD while DOD beats out Breen.

Half forward who have ye? Forde? About 40% as skilful as Lynch. Full forward line, Callanan more skilful than Flanagan.

So three? Iā€™d say thatā€™s a fair assessment.

Youā€™re worse to be indulging him

Not the point at all.

Any of the names mentioned know the top 80-100 players in the county whether itā€™s current panel, current u20 panel, previous underage panels or the other players who are performing for their clubs.

Michael Donoghue or any outside man would not. This decision is huge and if it takes a fortnight to get right then so be it.

JOā€™D is currently the most skilful hurler in the game but far from the most effective player. JOā€™D, for instance, is much better off his left side than CL is off his left side ā€“ but CL, of course, is way ahead of JOā€™D in overall terms.

Jake Morris is really skilful as well ā€“ at least as skilful as Aaron Gillane.

1 Like

Two totally different topics.

The said piece on the hand pass raises some very important points. The current game should just allow the underhand throw. The piece also spoke favourably ok Kilkenny who throw it the least.

Yes theyā€™d know who they are but not necessarily the order. Thereā€™s a difference between knowing who is performing for their clubs and actually being at the games watching the players and really honing in on their strengths and weaknesses and if theyā€™re good enough

1 Like

Copernicus is rightā€¦ The world is really turned upside down.

Sewerview are now entreating me directly to retweet that podcast.

Zoundsā€¦

1 Like

Babs Keating reckons the only fella remotely up to the job would be Babs Keating

2 Likes

There wonā€™t be a manager by this weekend so it doesnā€™t matter anyway.

Any of Egan/Maher etc will be watching club games if they have interest in the role. Anyone serious about managing IC will be automatically.

Ronan Maher is as or more skilful than any of the Limerick backs

1 Like

Thereā€™s only so many tickets available for games. Ours sold out in a few hours for Saturday and Iā€™d imagine any club with any kind of support is similar

I saw those facets ā€“ and they are important, agreed. So why did it take Limerick winning two in a row/three in four seasons before that podcast was assembled? I think we all know the answer to this query.

Anyone who meets me today would want to be wearing sunglasses, because of my smile.

I remember the days when ā€˜DJ Carey and stepsā€™ was a similar sort of topic. The (low) common denominators are jealousy, begrudgery and bitterness. No wonder the top brass in Tipp and many of their players laugh scornfully when Sewerview is mentioned.

4 Likes

Itā€™s not a problem until itā€™s a problem.

1 Like

Be one way to clear the decks

There is a definitely a massive element of sour grapes about the reaction on PV to throws but itā€™s still important that something is done about it IMO

Bubbles and Jason Forde are wonderful stickmen but each lack pace and athletism . That isnā€™t too bad in itself but when the support cast includes Noel & John McGrath , an ageing Callinan then there are real issues

Cahilleo under house arrest in Ballingarry until he recants

2 Likes

He isnt in the same league as Finn or Hayes.

Iā€™m not sure he is at Hannons level either.

As a pure hurler only Hannon at his level but he is very very one paced