Tipperary GAA 2021

Skill wise he definitely is

I’ll disagree with you there because touch and striking are big parts of determining skill level but not all of it. Of JOD has that in spades but what else has he? Hooking, blocking, catching are all basic skills taught to children, he has none of it.

No he definitely isnt. There arent many defenders in Ireland even close to them.

I think Lyons from Waterford is good but I think the skill levels of Finn and Hayes are on another level

Think I already made precisely that point?

Hannon is more skilful than Hayes and Finn and Ronan Maher is as skilful as Hannon

Very good!

I dont think we’re going to agree here unfortunately.

With your mention of Calum Lyons you seem to be bringing athleticism into it. I’m talking purely striking off both sides and touch

The hand pass is getting worse year on year. The piece could be written by Adolf Hitler and it would still raise the same issue correctly.

Any player or CB relying on any Internet forum for sound bites is not doing their job correctly.

Ronan Maher is more skillful than all the Limerick backs. He can make the ball talk.

Bubbles/Callanan/Forde/McGrath x2/Morris all wipe the floor in terms of skill than those Limerick forwards. However the Limerick forwards are obviously more effective with their 6 packs, biceps and triceps.

1 Like

I agree, obviously.

Liam Sheedy was told by influential people in early 2020: ‘You have your All Ireland now, Liam. You should throw in the young lads for the next couple of years and get them blooded.’ There are various theories about why LS ignored this advice.

Correct on the first point but not the second. Ronan Maher is fantastic though.

Bitterness, by Calvin Ryan.

A singular scent.

2 Likes

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

The Tipp hooligans will be down to him…

“OI FUCKIN MANAGE US YOU WANK”

What can Hannon do that Ronan Maher can’t? I’d say Ronan Maher has a longer strike and can hit sidelines better and they’re fairly even other than that

You didn’t. You said:

He isn’t. He can’t do many of the basics. If you said best striker of the ball and or best touch then perhaps you’d be correct but you can’t be the most skilful if you can’t perform many of the most basic skills.

Why did it take so long for this podcast to appear? Limerick are hurling pretty much the same way for the last four seasons.

Do not get me wrong: banning the handpass entirely is well worth consideration.

And you know what the ball said to him? …

5 Likes