Tipperary GAA 2021

Exactly the response I expected :laughing: Even my own father would probably start supporting Limerick.

You’re from a club that’s generationally blessed with the intricacies of the workings of a hurl,you my good man,have it with a pen.

And long may it continue because you’re nothing short of a wizard with the aforementioned.Hence the reference to Harry Potter. And you don’t get half the recognition that you deserve.

And have the courage to go on an anonymous forum and say it as it is even though everyone knows who you are.

Up the Cats❤️

6 Likes

I watched a good bit of all of the divisional finals last weekend and it’s still all the older lads that are getting it done on all the teams from what I could see.

In the West, Dillon Quirke was poor for Clonoulty, Devon Ryan poor for Cashel and Ger Browne got a few nice scores but in the general ebb and flow of the game he wasn’t in it much.

In the mid, Paidi and Ronan ran the show, Sars actually had a few decent younger lads but not to the senior intercounty level. Anything Loughmore did well was Noel, John or John Meagher.

In the North, Niall O’Meara was Kilruane’s best, Cian Darcy had a nightmare, Jerome Cahill actually is a great yoke too but doesn’t look like that will ever happen. Kiladangan are just very well balanced.

In the South, Bubbles got a few nice scores. Michael Doyle was man of the match and he must be in his mid 30s. Ciaran O’Dwyer is good but wasn’t deemed good enough to get any game time for the Tipp 20s

5 Likes

Most clubs in Tipp are the same. Like I’ve said countless times though it’s a national problem.

Drom for all their underage teams will still be looking to Callanan, Johnny Ryan and David Collins when the chips are down.

Nenagh will be depending on the Heffernan’s and Paddy Murphy.

Borris have a couple of good young lads but it’ll still be Brendan Maher, Dan McCormack and Conor Kenny when it comes to it.

Mullinahone still looking to Kelly and The Curran’s.

Cashel with Ryan O’Dwyer

1 Like

I’d burn semple stadium to the ground before I’d let that little cunt in.

3 Likes

Funny Face Reaction GIF by TikTok

Cashel with the mercenaries.

You’ve been proven correct on this. Do you have any idea why this is the case though? At an intercounty level I can see that the difference could be in S&C but these lads should still be able to stand out with their clubs

At last something Limerick and Tipp people agree on

2 Likes

That’s a problem.

Only 22. Don’t write him off.

1 Like

I’ll be down to give you a hand

Ray McCormack an option I wonder? Think he got in for a few sessions with the seniors this year

1 Like

I would say a number of factors but the fucking around at age grades and general mollycoddling of young players has a lot to do with it.

Back in the day Noel McGrath was being toughened up playing in a Munster Club Final at 16 going on 17. Joe Canning was doing similar for Portumna. Brendan Maher won a North title for Borris as an under 16 in 2005. Callanan played the 2005 County final at 17. Those lads were all on numerous teams at those ages learning their trade and it didnt do any of them any harm.

There’s guys playing professional soccer in England at 16, but now here a 17 year old can’t tog out for a club adult team.

Once lads go into Development squads now they are doing Gym sessions, stretching sessions, recovery sessions but playing fuck all hurling really. County under 17’s and 20’s are playing the bare minimum with their clubs which is having a knock on effect of falling standard within their own club.

Cocaine and general laziness is probably another unsaid factor in the falling standards.

Do 15 year olds spend hours down the pitch practicing frees/sidelines like they did 10 years ago?

3 Likes

I’ve always liked the cut of McCormack. What about Kevin Maher from Borris?

I don’t think Dillon Quirke will make it in the long run. Think he’s missing something.

Browne won’t ever be near a squad again. I’d guess that he’ll probably be in America or England in a few years time if stories are to be believed.

Like you, I liked the look of O’Mara and Ormonde . Hopefully they get a run, ditto Craig Morgan. Seymour and Bowe are surely worth a chance if Tynan was around the squad this year.

I was talking to my cousin in Drom a few weeks ago. They had 2 on the team that won the 2018 under 21. One isn’t making the seniors now and the other is a piss poor centre back. “We can throw our hat at it when Callanan and Johnny Ryan retire” were his words.

1 Like

My 14 year old nephew has spend 6 hours a day in the hurling field with his friends practicing frees, sidelines etc most days during the summer.

2 Likes

There were lads starting on this years County under 20’s not making their club Senior teams.

The sub goalie isn’t getting any game time with his club. Maybe at U19.