Tipperary GAA 2021

I think the deel end is where you need go throw these lads. Fuck it of theyve a few bad days but eventually they realise the jump and get better.

Some of these younguns nowadays are only getting a sense of what they need to be in their mid 20s

Robert Byrne ffs.

Cian Darcy isn’t on the panel anymore. I watched the north final last week and he was lucky not to be taken off.

Your iffy on a load of players who IMO need to get out of the kitchen.

We call in these lads at 21 and spend 3 years doing S&C without them ever getting game time. Back in the day if a lad got no game time for a year or two his place on the panel would be in jeopardy. Bring in someone else and give them a chance.

Ger Browne and Jerome Cahill are key going forward but I also think we need to think outside the box and go search for a few players away from the usual north senior clubs.

I’m only pointing out the reality to ye. Its going tk be chaotic into 2022. Whoever takes the job has it all to do.

You cam search from the Vee to Lough Derg if you like…the work ye will need to do to replace Seamie Callinan, the Mahers, McGrath will be enormous. Pissing away successful 20s is fine but I think you are vastly overstating the material available.

Is there a valid argument in saying that the pickle Tipp find themselves in (and possibly Cork) can somewhat be attributed to the change in the underage structure at minor and u21 level. I don’t think it should be overlooked

Some of the material we are currently using is not fit for purpose. Why not bring lads into the squad rather than the same 5/6 fellas on the extended panel for another year?

It doesn’t suit Tipp anyway. Tipp gain players organically via our club scene often as final year u21 moreso than Others who don’t have the same player pool.

The lack of schools/colleges doesn’t help Tipp either. Basically limericks academy is miles ahead of ours so we need players hurling elsewhere.

Thats fine and ye will spend 10 years in the wilderness behind Limerick, Cork and possibly Galway / Waterford

If ye cant convert the best of thag minor /u21 crop from recent years to replace those mentioned you wont find sufficient replacements elsewhere and in Munster the manager who has to face into that in 2022 will suffer…which is exactly what Liam Cahill saw I suspect.

Anything to be said for taking a novel approach to try and combat limerick by getting Jackie Tyrell in as coach and a Ted Lasso type figure as manager

4 Likes

I think it is possibly one of the greatest knockouts I have seen @the_man_himself

1 Like

I don’t think it particularly suits Limerick either. That academy was founded on the basis of the old underage structure. I reckon it’ll take a couple of years to adjust. Personally I think there is a huge difference physically between a 17/18 year old and a 20/21 year old. Things are advanced so much that there probably needs to be different s&c programmes need designing to adjust for it

It suits the likes of cork/Limerick more than kk/Tipp.

It should never have changed but that’s another day of the week.

1 Like

Vince Mcmahon Hahahah GIF

We’d be as well off with Eamonn Dunphy

Religious reasons??

On mature reflection, after a few pints, I should mention Austin Gleeson, which I was highly remiss in not mentioning earlier. He is at least as skilful as JO’D and overall much the more potent hurler.

The whole matter is extremely complex, so many factors. But AG, if he got himself absolutely right, might be the best hurler in Ireland as of early 2020s.

Patrick Horgan is savagely skilful as well, of course. And Tony Kelly, needless to add.

I neglected to mention TJ Reid, for fear of something bias or other bias. But he is unreal, if only for his ability to gather possession off the ground from an absolutely upright position.

1 Like

Jehovah’s

January

1 Like

A great show.

1 Like

Big Jim McGuinness the man for the job.

I think 17 year olds not playing adult club hurling is a good idea. 17 year olds unless exceptional like Joe Canning at 17 would be blown away at senior club hurling level. Tough on smaller clubs allright.

1 Like