Tipperary GAA 2021

Their term is up so I’d imagine they won’t be renewing.

Our incompetent County Board just don’t know what do.

He’s alright but has zero edge to him.You need a tinker not a priest.

Apparently they never delivered on their promises to bring in funds. Covid obviously didn’t help but even the basic payments were problematic.

I think having DK involved stunk after his carry on after we won in 19.

1 Like

Agreed. We don’t need another egotistical narcissist. Maher’s the man.

Ah here. Say what you want about O’Shea but his managerial tenure was not a disaster.

'13 the outlier with the qualifier defeat in Nowlan (what would have happened if Lar didn’t get injured?)

'14 Hawkeye and new penalty rule away from winning an AI.

'15 last minute one point defeat in AI semi v Galway.

I agree he was more suited to the coaching role than managing but I think he did fairly alright in his three years

4 Likes

There were some great days following Tipp under O’Shea.

The 2013 Qualifier was the most iconic occasion of the last 20 years following Tipp

The day against Cork in front of 70k in Croke Park was a great day too.

2 Likes

Mick Church won O’Shea’s all Ireland.

3 Likes

The fucking powder pissers jeering Larry when he went off injured. He was primed to do the divil but for the injury that day. The cunts knew it too. Horrible bastards.

4 Likes

I have never come across a more poisonous shower of supporters as Kilkenny that night.

They were worse than the West Ham fans at Upton Park when I went to see Man United play there once upon a time.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t look over the ditch at a soccer match so I’ll have to take your word for that. But I was very surprised at hurling people behaving the way they did that day.

4 Likes

The Kilkenny crowd are like a more calculated clever version of the Clare anti-Tipp brigade.

No respect.

A gang of them were giving Lar dogs abuse on the terrace early on. Really bad now, low stuff.

When Lar scored the goal one of my friends celebrated a bit too vigorously and they threatened to kick the shit out of us.

Never experienced anything like it before or since.

3 Likes

I normally stay away from terraces, better view from the stands but the carry on was no better up there either. I was never so early for a match in my life, open seating made for a mad dash into the stands with people throwing down markers for their friends like Germans with sun loungers on holiday.

1 Like

Sheedy walked away, Cahill turned it down, Egan prefers to go to tier two with Wexford. I thought the Tipp job was the biggest job in hurling har?

4 Likes

It was a warm day. A rare day when I wasn’t driving. Had a few glorious pints beforehand. That’s as good as the day got

1 Like

We fucked up with Cahill. Fucking Port cunts.

Sheedy wanted one year
Cahill wanted four.
CB wanted someone for three.
Egan was never in running.

It was just downright nasty from the start.

I remember being in the shed at Kilmallock cc @balbec vs Thurles Sars in the 2012 Munster club just after Lar’s book was printed and the Kilmallock lads engaged in some good humoured banter with Lar. They’d be ordinary, decent people down there.

I’m surprised Kilkenny weren’t asked to play behind closed doors for a few years after that qualifier.

3 Likes

We’d be witty though. Townies like

1 Like

I drove that day. I watched a full camogie match before hand. I’d say it was the biggest attendance at a camogie match ever in Nowlan park.