Tipperary GAA 2021

Think we tipped in towards end of that. Still managed decent seats.

Aye, nasty. That’s exactly the right word for it.
Imagine if we jeered Shefflin in 2010 when he went off.

I did tell a friend of mine to sit down and cop on the fuck when he stood up to applaud Shefflin leaving the field in 2010 :grimacing:

2 Likes

Think that was the league final that year. There was no curtain raiser to the qualifier.

The Tipp team getting a standing ovation going into the dressing room after they walked the pitch about an hour before throw in was something else

Ah yeah a standing ovation or dignified silence. The Tipperary way. Not like those other animals.

1 Like

You must not be familiar with the Dublin GAA fan

The cunts can’t bring 2k supporters to Croke Park to an All Ireland Semi Final these days.

2 Likes

It was shocking, you’d expect more form hurling people than let’s say, scumbag soccerball bandwagoners.

Build a good hard knocking forward line around Forde and Jake Morris training on a bit and they’re right there with the chasing pack for me. I’ve always rated Forde but thought what he did first half against Limerick was special, I think maybe the most skilled current IC hurler. They’ve always got players, never too far away. i’d say certainly enough for a manager to enhance his CV and get a run. The Cahill ship could’ve sunk as well maybe, I wouldn’t like that 3 year/4year falling out shite if that’s what it was over.

Reading the thread, Nicky English would be brilliant for them with the right backroom.

John Kiely was a selector, before doing alright as manager.

It was probably good that he did his bit as selector, then stepped away to do the 21s before coming in as manager. I think it’s very good for a fella to be involved in the setup, to realise the extent of what’s involved at the highest level.

1 Like

The county board have fucked it. They tried to play hard ball with Cahill after their shenanigans in ‘18 and he told them to get to fuck. Egan, while not my choice was then the main man and they’ve managed to fuck it up. God knows who’ll they’ll get.

They are a board who don’t like criticism. In 2018 a divisional chairman questioned them and the then co chairman gave the next 12 months abusing him at every opportunity. That’s what you are dealing with.

We are fucked

4 Likes

I was at it, Paudie Maher was unbelievable at centre back, a pain in his arm from clearing ball.
Paudie o brien lofted over 3 points in a row from the exact same position at the start of the game.
Good atmosphere that day.

1 Like

Biggest job in Hurling?

Ah yeah. My point is some lads find it hard to steer the ship etc.

He’s a special type of cunt.

I have it on good authority that Brendan Cummins is “odd”

1 Like

Tipp will generally have too much raw material to work with to get themselves into serious bother but it won’t take much for any team outside of Limerick at the moment to find themselves bottom of the pile in Munster.

Does the next manager plan with or without the 3 - 4 players on that team that are near the end of the road? Brendan Maher in fairness has parked up already. Who starts and where in the next Tipp 15, and how do they play to get the best out of those players? Tipp have a lot more figuring out to do in the next year than the other counties in the province imo.

2 Likes

Colm Bonnar going to be manager

Great news - delighted with that appointment

3 Likes

Delighted from a Clare perspective? Or you rate Bonnar?