Tipperary GAA 2021

From a non Tipp perspective. I couldnā€™t think of a more uninspired choice

6 Likes

Wait until you hear the backroom teamā€¦

Is that a bit out of nowhere? I know a few people mentioned him, but what happened to Willie Maher?

His name was mooted a few times in last week but I didnā€™t expect it tbh. Has a pretty decent CV but is fairly low profile.

When he was managing WIT v UL in a Fitzgibbon Cup game once upon a time, apparently before the game in the dressing room, he was giving his team talk while looking down through a star studded UL line up on the sheet.

He didnā€™t seem to recognise a lot of them but when he got to Jason Forde, he goes ā€˜Oh ya, heā€™s very good, be careful of him todayā€™ :grinning:

A nice man and I wish him all the best.

What happened Egan, did he turn them done too?

I warned ye

Yes, he done them.

The perfect man for a few years of Tipp in the wilderness. No point in wasting an up and coming young manager during this fallow period. Egan or Cahill will be primed for 2024.

I thought you said no tipp man would done his own county when they came calling, thatā€™s two now isnā€™t it? Or are there more that done them that weā€™re not aware of?

1 Like

Thereā€™s so many Bonnerisms. He was some man to get a team ready for Fitzgibbon and get them all pulling together. He was well liked in Carlow and had good people around him.

2 Likes

Heā€™ll do as well as Michael Doyle or Ken Hoganā€¦

1 Like

Tipperary county board would want to have a good look at themselves as it would appear thereā€™s a growing list of people whoā€™ve told them go to fuck.

Appointing Bonnar to a senior inter-county gig in this day and age is laughable. They might as well have gone back to Babs.

Probably. I hope he does well as heā€™s a great man and a proud Tipp man. Itā€™ll be some craic at training when heā€™s mixing up the Mahers. Good job Brendan is gone :grinning:

1 Like

:see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Heā€™s a good hurling man. Get decent lads in around him and sure anything could happen. Will Andy Moloney get a gjg @carryharry?

Why in the name of fuck do you keep typinh done when you mean down? Thatā€™s 4 times in a row now.

I recall saying to @carryharry that it looked to me like tipp would struggle in the near future and that teams the likes of Waterford had better prospects. He scoffed at the notion. Tipp have a god given right to be better than Waterford he said. Thatā€™s the level of delusion that reasonable men like yourself have to deal with in your own ranks.

1 Like

Was Bonner involved with Ken Hogan as a selector in 04/05?

Maybe slightly biased but I think Willie Maher would have been a far better choice

The Hammer might get a role. He worked with him in Carlow. Iā€™d love if he got Eamonn Corcoran involved.