Tipperary GAA 2021

Yes. He regularly mixed up the Kelly’s and forgot Damian Youngs name despite sharing a car to training :grinning:

3 Likes

Was sounded out according to this Damian Lawlor article but not available

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1245387/

@carryharry and myself have been saying for about 18 months that Tipp are heading towards a very fallow period.

In fact, when I made a comment during the first half of Tipp v Limerick on here saying that “this half is Tipp’s All Ireland”, Har’ was the first to agree.b

Harry hasn’t a clue.

1 Like

Sorry @Declan_Moffat it was this article that mentioned Corcoran

Worked for Bobby Robson

More worrying is the U20 combo of Cummins and O’Connor. Could rightly fuck things up.

Apparently Tipp MW first mentioned Bonnar getting the job a few weeks ago. Stevie O’Donnell is some operator.

3 Likes

We’ll win fuck all with a westie in charge.

So proud he was in a Waterford jersey at the 2008 AIF :confused:

Nobody in a Waterford jersey was proud that day

He was very underwhelming during his tenure with Wexford. Lost a league game to Carlow during that period and didn’t take a single championship scalp. Much better with Carlow to be fair. I’m surprised at him being the leading candidate for the Tipp job though.

Bonnar used to come around the schools in Waterford in the late 80s and early 90s doing hurling ‘coaching’. He used to love to get young lads flaking tyres. He’s a great appointment for Tipp.

2 Likes

That could actually be the most arrogant set of egos on a Tipp sideline ever and that would take some doing.

1 Like

Whatever about Cummins. I wouldn’t let O’Connor near a Tipp team.

1 Like

This management team has a lot of heavy lifting and a good bit of culling to do. It’ll take a couple of years to get the youn lads bedded in. Whoever has the gig between now and then will get no credit for it unless he’s reappointed.

FO’C is a ferocious gobshite, any angle of view. A Kildare rugby head, thick as several posts, turned GAA mercenary.

A deeply unpleasant individual. And a Del Boy protégé, of course.

3 Likes

What are the Ballyhale views on Bonnar ?

That’s what tipp need. Too many lovely hurlers waiting for the ball to be handed to them.

1 Like

Not for public discussion, at length and in depth. But positive, enduringly, in short. Excellent trainer. And a highly decent person. We should have won more with him aboard. But these things happen…

I worked closely with him. Colm is a sound out person – and a proud Tipp man, quite rightly. Good luck to him in his new role.

16 Likes