Tipperary GAA 2021

What was his overall success after finishing with ye?
2 counties and an All Ireland club?

Thanks for that mate.

1 Like

Iā€™m led to believe that some false claims for expenses hastened his exit from Waterford.

1 Like

Lost me thereā€¦ Completely, to be honest.

No one comes to Ballyhale for money. We do not do money.

Heā€™s talking bout FOā€™C I think

2 Likes

Oh sorryā€¦! Apologiesā€¦ DOH.

I would well believe that craic as regards FOā€™C.

Thanks for that.

One County SHC (2014) and one Club All Ireland SHC (2015).

Should have been more. But much wants moreā€¦

1 Like

I ended up sitting beside FOC at one of those Tipp v Galway games, think it was 2016 and I thought he was sound.

I really wish Colm Bonnar the best with Tipp but I donā€™t think he is the right man for the job at hand currently. Probably would have been a real contender for it in 07 after the Babs shit show or the KK massacre in 2012. The best men for the job got it on both occasions then.

Was in contact with a couple of people today who played under him. Spoke incredibly highly about him as a players man and the togetherness he brought to the group. The problem is that these are not the required qualities needed for Tipperary at this time. Limerick have set the hurling yardstick and Tipperary are relying on a group of 30+ players to win games for them. Sheedys short termism is coming home to roost.

The backroom team will be interesting. I fully believe there are the players and coaches/mgmt in the county in order to be successful again.

3 Likes

https://tipperary.gaa.ie/tipperary-senior-hurling-managerial-appointment/

What will his backroom team be like

The big gorilla Declan Carr being touted as a selector, which will go down like a lead balloon

Bonnar was an advisor to him for the tipp ladies this year I see

On the plus side the club championships should run very smoothly for the next few years

6 Likes

I would struggle to think of a worse selector in the county.

1 Like

Youā€™d have to admire the balls on this Fintan Oā€™Connor lad if heā€™s as clueless as everyone is saying

3 Likes

Very schrewd appointment from the Tipp county board.

Fair chance Tipp will be finished in hurling in May the next few years.

One thing about Bonnar, he seems to be some man of integrity the way he carried himself after the Ballygunner fiasco a few years ago.