Tipperary GAA 2021

What happened there?

He was appointed Ballygunner manager but resigned within days after the OSullivan/Mahony clan let it be known they wanted their own man in.

He could have dug his heels in, but walked away and went off to Ballyhale and won an AI Club in his first season.

6 Likes

I’d think Willie will never get it now. He would have been my choice once Cahill was out of the picture.

He sent Ballygunner home with tae in their mugs

Would they not be fond of a frappacino or some other shite down there?

He is an utter fuckin’ gobshite.

1 Like

Great interview with Bonnar on Tipp FM today. A real breath of fresh air, not talking in business jargon like what some Inter County managers come out with these days.

I really hope it goes well for him now.

1 Like

Is that the interview with Hackie Cahill?

Fran Curry.

The voice of Tipperary.

1 Like

Hackie seems to have a lengthy interview up now too.

1 Like

Two grand Cashel men shooting the breeze

1 Like

I’m still utterly aghast that FO’C has got that job ahead of so many better coaches in the county. The county board should have stood up to Cummins having him on the ticket. It’s a sorry state of affairs that some up and coming talent in the county will be subjected to dealing with that buffoon. He would not be tolerated in any other serious hurling county. * He got in with Waterford on the back of piggybacking on the hard work of others in the school in Lismore.

The Declan Carr rumours don’t sit well with me either. He is an extremely abrasive character. His statement when resigning from the ladies footballers is a testament to that.

2 Likes

do Tipp manangers serve their apprenticeship in Wexford? Bonnar did his spell there and now Egan

A small bit of pandering to Kilkenny there which is surprising.

I wish Colm Bonnar the best

The Bonnars are alright sorts

3 Likes

It’s a sorry mess. The County Board are beyond incompetent.

Darragh Egan - Wexford
Darren Gleeson - Antrim
Liam Cahill - Waterford
Bevans - Waterford
Richie Flannery - Limerick Under 20’s
William Maher - Bennettsbridge

All these lads off on the missions and no one to say mass at the cathedral.

7 Likes

There will be hell to pay if Tipp don’t get out of Munster next year.

I guess it was Colm Bonnar- Wexford, Carlow & Ballyhale too, but now he has the job.

Declan Fanning- Na Piarsaigh also, appears to be decent.

Although maybe some of them will join Bonnar.

1 Like

Fanning was approached about the top job but feels he is not far enough gone out of the Michael Ryan management team.

All good things coming out of him from NAP by all accounts and they wouldn’t wait to give him the road if he wasn’t up to standard.

1 Like

What’s the talk like?