Tipperary GAA 2021

I forgot Fanning.

The fact they kept him the time they threw Mick Ryan under the bus tells you he must be very good.

1 Like

Any of the NaP players I’ve spoken to speak highly of him. When they dumped Church out, they all wanted to keep him.

And obviously a very impressive county final victory last year, after an early hiccup.

6 Likes

Very highly regarded within the club and it’s testament that he is still involved after being brought in by Church and the fiasco that ended up in

2 Likes

Church and Bonnar have the common trait of not knowing the players names.

1 Like

When you put it like that and add Fanning, Bonnar and Carr are bargain basement choices

Heard very good things about him there.

1 Like

Spot on.

Whispers around him for the Bonnar ticket?

Sure listen we always had Tipp lads out spreading the hurling gospel. Babs with Galway (and later Offaly - the less said about that the better), Gaynor with Clare and Dinny Cahill here, there and everywhere and so on.

I heard the Richie Flannery as Bonnar’s coach rumour is bullshit.

Conor Gleeson set to be Bonnar’s coach (I know, I know)

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

:see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Sure Waterford have sent 8 fellas up to train and manage KK senior teams and a Tipp man over the county team :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Richie Flannery is married in, working in and living in Limerick. With a while. It’s hardly a case of a lad on the missions. Granted he’s a Tipp man but it’s hardly a case of him being an outsider in Limerick either, he’s well settled in to the GAA scene here for a good few years

1 Like

Liam seedy expected a cold winter for Tipp hurling and took action

1 Like

Sure Bonnar is living in Waterford since the 80s. Nicky and Babs were Tipp managers living in Dublin, O’Shea living in Galway, Willie Maher living in Kilkenny, and so on.

He spent the summer managing the Lixnaw hurlers in the Kerry senior hurling championship to a semi final exit

ideal prep

He had three weeks with them before championship started. Was told they were very impressed by him

Great stuff in Tom Semple’s Field tonight. Friday night hurling is the way forward. Non stop drama all night.

There was drama before throw in with the floodlights failing and not enough stiles open to take the crowd. We thankfully got underway 15 minutes late.

Kilruane were absolutely brilliant in the first half but a couple of goals kept Borris in touch. Dan McCormack got injured after a lung bursting run up field and had to go off before half time. Brendan Maher had to go back centre back then. There were also two straight red cards for Cian Darcy and Tommy Ryan after an incident off the ball on the stroke of half time.

Kilruane led by 6 at the break 1-14 to 2-05. Mark O’Neill, Jerry Cahill, Craig Morgan the Cleary’s and Kian O’Kelly all to the fore.

Borris thundered into it in the second half. Conor Kenny, Jerry Kelly and Eddie Ryan all very good. Seamus Hennessy got a goal to keep Kilruane ahead and they never relinquished it. Hennessy rolled back the years with some great points to see it out, but a serious looking injury to Niall O’Meara clouded the win somewhat. Brendan Maher had a 21 to draw it but blazed it over.

Borris now need to beat Nenagh to stay in it. I don’t think they will.

Kilruane should be through now but will be under pressure going forward without Darcy and Niall O’Meara.

7 Likes

heard likewise, they were unlucky to exit by a point to Kilmoyley last weekend

Poor auld Niall O’Meara has no luck with injuries

1 Like

I got a fine cup of coffee from Dan a couple of weeks ago

2 Likes