Tipperary Matters

@Smark

1 Like

@caulifloweredneanderthal there’s a monument up your neck of the woods to a couple of Anti-Treaty IRA men who were shot around Foilduff in 1923. Is it in the middle of the forestry?

Interesting history surrounding the characters who took part in the War of Independence & Civil War in the generat Slieve Feilim area

I’m almost certain there’s something on the bridge in Toor village for that. Just past where the pub was and before the turn off to SF way.

1 Like

Yeah I had a quick Google today and there seems to be a monument in the hills to the east of Keeper Hill and north of Rearcross.

This is the event that the monument is for. Both comrades of Paddy Lacken, of Lacken Park, Newport fame

Foilduff is on the road between Toor and Rearcross alright.
I think the plaque on the bridge is for something else. I must see did I take a photo when I was last up there.

1 Like

This absolute lunatic is running in the local elections. A high functioning individual. The closest thing to the “Grunt” from Dunbelievables D’telly. My men on the ground tell me he will get in.

He’d be known nationwide as Rocky. I never even knew his name was John or that he owned or wore a tie.

Is that why he wasn’t starting yesterday?

Houston, we have a problem!

A lot of lads called John running now.

1 Like

It’ll be tremendous fun for a few weeks.

Wasn’t Shane McGrath’s auld fella Rocky as well? A county councillor for years

He was indeed. Not running this time round.

Your neighbour might feel the squeeze but should still get in. His canvassing team is gone small.

Ballinahinch Rocky is also John but since I was a kid, I can only remember him being called Rocky.

Tipp fm getting record numbers of listeners from limerick as we speak yano

We’re like whatever the Yanited Footix here say about United ‘hated but never ignored’ or whatever it is

Never heard of him

Hollyford man.

This Willie Kennedy guy running for Fine Gael in Roscrea/Templemore called to me last week and gave me a half hearted “do your best for me.” No literature or anything changed hands. He’s a former National chairman of Macra na Feirme so we chatted a bit of shite about mutual acquaintances and “how many cows is so and so milking now” etc. but he didn’t seem like a man cut out for the cynical business of local government.

1 Like