Tipperary v's Waterford

Waterford playing some dumb hurling. Giving away the ball too easy. Hammering ball to free tipp men. Idiocy.

Tipp taking what they are being given

Serious mistake from Davy to start O Halloran, compounded by the decision to land ball onto him then. Very odd stuff then. Hard to see Tipp bet today at this rate. Surprised at how Waterford are set up. Great stuff from Corbett for the goal, very cool customer.

Does anyone remember the rules of playing full back?

[list]

[]Be an ignorant cunt
[
]Pull first
[]As questions later
[
]Don’t start with your favourite hurley
[]Tip his helmet everytime the ball comes in
[
]The top of the hurl fits perfect into someones ribs
[*]Walk on heels
[/list]

You’ve said it before, my man. Bat, bat, bat the ball away from danger.

Waterford have withdrawn Molumphy again but Tipp have shown the skill and intelligence in the most part to play around the crowded defence. Some lovely scores with great distribution upfield and they also have the pace to run through them, particularly Shane McGrath on the burst.

When you’re playing that containing game and are effectively playing with 5 forwards, you need to pass the ball well but Waterford have often lorried it forward aimlessly and the Tipp half backline is mopping up a lot of loose ball. Mullane is providing the only real threat and it’s not enough at present.

Tipp have a tendency to fall away for periods and let leads slip but I think they’re motoring fairly well here and I’m confident my 3-19 to 1-16 prediction will be exactly correct. Decent move to bring Noel McGrath to centre forward too.

Poor enough standard of free taking in this game from the Eoin Kelly’s.

Waterford, somehow, are hanging in here. Not sure how to be honest. A Waterford goal would show us what Tipp are made of.

some shit game in fairness. awful scrappy, lots of balls being thrown in because 4 or 5 lads mill in on top of it and are throwing shoulders. fumbling and bad passing, and some terrible tactical play. missing frees. hitting poor wides. decetn enough intensity, but that’d be the least you’d expect in an AI semi final

And we’re done.

While I think of it, Tony Browne has looked his age today.

Kelly took that goal well

Aye, great stick work to be fair to him. Still a bit off his best though. Wonder if the poor frees are related to the back injury.

Crbett has been great in this game. and Noel McGrath has brought back his top form as well. theres some dead weight in the Waterford side. bringing on Dan and Eoin McGrath. at nothing.

I think Tipp would have to be very happy with that today, aside from their customary dip at the start of the second half. They’ve improved game on game now since the Cork debacle. Noel McGrath’s performance today is super news for them. Corbett was superb too. They have the only midfield in the country that can come close to competing with Kilkenny’s. They are willing to be inventive on puck outs, which will be important against KK (though much harder to execute successfully). Curran’s playing well at full back too, which will be doubly important as I think Power will now be the focus of KK’s forward line. I’m really looking forward to the final now.

Utter class by Eoin Kelly for his first goal and incredible workrate by Corbett today. He covered oceans of ground and put in a serious amount of tackles apart from offering his usual scoring and creative threat. John O’Brien had a very good outing too, they won the midfield battle and Curran and O’Mahoney were well on top in the central defensive positions. I actually enjoyed today more than the widely lauded Tipp-Galway match.

So close…

Great prediction by Bandage alright.

It all came down to Tipps forwards being better, and the way Waterford set up.

Interesting final now, but i just feel Tipps workrate, intensity and tackling is kinda reactionary. They seem to need a great score or something to get them going. KK though bring that no matter what, and it generally creates their first score or two. Tipp will have to start both halves very well.

News is Tommy Walsh could miss the final as well, that would be a huge blow if true.

Waterford had nothing in attack bar Mullane. Midfield started well but faded. Tipp’s backs stood tall which will be the most pleasing thing for them. Much improved from the Galway game. I’d give Tipp a fighting chance of making it a competitive final.

:rolleyes:

:clap:

:lol:

:clap:

1 Like

7 half baked ones and you miss the most important one.

Thank you.

That first goal was a gift.

Pfft, half baked? You’ve never hurled Junior C Special.